The Student Room Group

Personal Statement HELP !!!

Hey so im in yr 11 and im currently in the process of applying to sixth forms. The problem is im struggling to write an eye catching personal statement. The sixth form i really want to get into is difficult to get into and there are very limited spaces. I would dearly appreciate if anyone could help me out with a few phrases or paragraphs i can include. Im thinking about picking maths biology chemistry and economics and have A and A* for predicted grades. Please PM if you care to help me out. Ill then give you more details on my current subjects etc.
If anyone had any links to good templates please post them.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Thank you to everyone in advance xxx
Please do not use words and phrases written by someone else and be careful about using templates because if the statement is checked for plagiarism you may get into trouble.
For a 6th form application, I'd consider thinking about:
- Why that sixth form?
- Why are you better than everyone else applying? What can you OFFER to them? Talk about some extra-curriculars or clubs or something that you've researched that this school has, and that will convince them you want to be a productive part of their community
- Why those subjects, and where you plan to go with them
- Maybe some situations where you've been stressed or under pressure and how you dealt with it? Acknowledge sixth form is going to be hard but you're willing to do it still

Don't be negative in it! You must come across as hard working, willing to give something back, and positive :smile:

How long does it have to be?
Reply 3
Original post by antonyzac
For a 6th form application, I'd consider thinking about:
- Why that sixth form?
- Why are you better than everyone else applying? What can you OFFER to them? Talk about some extra-curriculars or clubs or something that you've researched that this school has, and that will convince them you want to be a productive part of their community
- Why those subjects, and where you plan to go with them
- Maybe some situations where you've been stressed or under pressure and how you dealt with it? Acknowledge sixth form is going to be hard but you're willing to do it still

Don't be negative in it! You must come across as hard working, willing to give something back, and positive :smile:

How long does it have to be?

Thanks that really useful advice. It has to be one A4 page.
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
Please do not use words and phrases written by someone else and be careful about using templates because if the statement is checked for plagiarism you may get into trouble.

Oh no i wasn't going to copy the template or anything like that and i would have rephrased the words. I was going to use the template to see the layout and what to include but another person has already replied telling me.
Reply 5
Original post by yamdude
Paraphrasing differs from one to another. You can run your paper through unplag soft and determine whether you need to correct something. The service provides with a report which includes % of similarity and originality. If your percentage of plagiarism is less than 10%, then you can breathe freely :smile:

Oh right. Thanks for telling me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending