The Student Room Group

Being called lovely by a girl.

Hi!

I got called 'lovely' by a girl at my uni today who I really like, I think she is very nice! I'm interested to know the circumstances when a girl would call a guy 'lovely' and what it actually means, both in terms of what I am and what she thinks of me. I am very shay and have never had a girlfriend before, party because I am a bit if a hermit and I am awful at reading signals!

Thank you for any responses.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi!

I got called 'lovely' by a girl at my uni today who I really like, I think she is very nice! I'm interested to know the circumstances when a girl would call a guy 'lovely' and what it actually means, both in terms of what I am and what she thinks of me. I am very shay and have never had a girlfriend before, party because I am a bit if a hermit and I am awful at reading signals!

Thank you for any responses.

It means she thinks you're a nice guy. Nothing else to it. Hate it when people read into this kindve ish -.-
I call people lovely to scare them off.
I think in general girls use that word a lot more than guys.
(edited 9 years ago)
She's just being nice. I'm a girl and men have called me "lovely" before- it's a term of endearment, much like "darling" etc. it could just be a colloquialism.

I don't think you can say that her using that word means that she likes you.
It's not often that you can clock whether a girl likes you simply by her vocabulary. "Lovely" is pretty friendly or neutral I'd say, similar to "Sweet" or "Cute" it's not really a sign of attraction from what I can tell.
Reply 6
if you are ugly, friendzone, if you are fit, she wants the D
It means that she thinks you are lovely :smile: Perhaps friendzone, perhaps she wants something more...
Reply 8
Original post by Izzyeviel
I call people lovely to scare them off.

Original post by All_TheCyanide
She's just being nice. I'm a girl and men have called me "lovely" before- it's a term of endearment, much like "darling" etc. it could just be a colloquialism.

I don't think you can say that her using that word means that she likes you.

Original post by Multitalented me
It means that she thinks you are lovely :smile: Perhaps friendzone, perhaps she wants something more...

I forgot to add as well, she also puts 'x' at the end of her Facebook messages to me. I'm not saying that this means she likes me or anything but do you know what this means? I've never used it in my replies as I don't like using something which I'm not sure what it means!
I forgot to add as well, she also puts 'x' at the end of her Facebook messages to me. I'm not saying that this means she likes me or anything but do you know what this means? I've never used it in my replies as I don't like using something which I'm not sure what it means!
Some girls just have a habit of putting Xs at the end of messages, I know a girl who does it with me a fair amount although I'm sure she doesn't like me in "that way". So yeah there are not enough signs at the moment if I'm honest with you.
look here son, i call folks lovelyall the time and it legitmeans nothing so just chill ut and if u like her go for it but dont assume cause she said ur lovely its reciprocated cause it might just be a u ovely child get away from me kisses and hugs lol xD
-luv

That means nothing. Girls use 'x' all the time.
From my experience; Women usually always PHYSICALLY show that they like you before anything else, I've not met anyone who has deciphered the language of Women to refactor this theory yet.
Reply 13
I dont think overthinking this will do you much good to be honest. Chances are she didn't mean it on as deep a level as your anticipating, you will be able to tell in time anyway there will be more obvious signs.
0 significance
My n!gga... Stop being thirsty as fk. How can you not tell that "lovely" and "x" means absolutely nothing lol...... You are not just a hermit but must also be asleep since 1000 BC to think that they have any significance lmao.
Gratuitous, and based on incomplete information. Several girls and gay men have described me as lovely and none had met or spoken to me. My sister passed on the detail. If this has 0 significance then why utter an adjective at all?
Reply 17
Same situation broii...i am also like you only
I don’t even know body language of woman and I am one
Reply 19
spelling is not very good either, I think you should take a driving test.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending