The Student Room Group

Girls, Tulips or Roses for Valentines Day?

Poll

What Type of Flowers Would You Prefer on Valentine's Day?

I'll be sending flowers to a special someone on Valentine's Day, but I can't decide between Tulips or Roses. What would be your preference?

EDIT: Went for roses in the end folks, with chocolates and a personalised card. Now we wait for Saturday, I hope she likes them x
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Roses. And loads!!! :*
Roses!!!! Ladies love🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Posted from TSR Mobile
Roses. Dark red.
Reply 5
Original post by withLOVExx
Roses!!!! Ladies love

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might not be for a girl though.

Anyway back with OP just to send anything is lovely so you're on a winner no matter what. Are tulips the intended recipient's favourite? If you know their favourite I'd go for that all the time. As I said to send anything is nice but red roses can be a bit cliché like you've not thought about it much, maybe look for more unusual colours or variety of rose. Roses tend to keep better than tulips.
Reply 6
Original post by withLOVExx
Roses!!!! Ladies love🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might not be for a girl though.

Anyway back with OP just to send anything is lovely so you're on a winner no matter what. Are tulips the intended recipient's favourite? If you know their favourite I'd go for that all the time. As I said to send anything is nice but red roses can be a bit cliché like you've not thought about it much, maybe look for more unusual colours or variety of rose. Roses tend to keep better than tulips.
Flowers are pointless. Give her a necklace and some epic Swiss confectionary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your title makes it sound like there are three options: girls, tulips, or roses.
I personally prefer tulips as its such a unique choice. You aren't going with the stereotypical flow of everyone and choosing roses, which in my opinion are just tacky now. Most people love being bought flowers so guess you can't go wrong anyway!
Original post by Leavemyarcelona
I'll be sending flowers to a special someone on Valentine's Day, but I can't decide between Tulips or Roses. What would be your preference?

Unless she maybe has a difference flower she likes better?
I think of tulips being kind of "sweet" and roses more "romantic". So maybe (if I were a guy) I would pick tulips for a girlfriend I'd been seeing a couple months or weeks, roses for a long-term girlfriend.
But me personally, having never received flowers from anyone:frown:, I'd be happy to receive either.
Aren't tulips harbingers of death in our society?
Awwwwww. OP, you sweetheart! I would jump so hard with happiness if someone ever sent me flowers :lovehug: Though I won't hope for it, I've never even had so much as a card for Valentine's Day.:emo: Go for tulips, they're lovely. :yy:

Original post by Illegal Algebra
Flowers are pointless. Give her a necklace and some epic Swiss confectionary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Flowers are NOT pointless, they smell heavenly and are a romantic gesture. :love:
Original post by Birkenhead
Aren't tulips harbingers of death in our society?

So cheerful. :lol:
Tulips are my absolute favourite. Not my last flowers but my last tulips came from mummy! I love them so much, I have bought them for myself. He'll pay ridiculous money for roses and I've said not to. I don't like red ones, cream are okay. I'm not fussy :smile:
Wow tulips over roses, so edgy lol.

This will depend on what flowers the girl actually likes, but obviously the gesture is apprieciated. You could as an alternative get a more colourful bunch of roses then the standard all red option.

Alternatively...mixed coloured lilies (red, orange, yellow, pink)...awesome.
Orange gerberas every time.
Reply 17
Roses on Valentines Day is going to have a significant cost attached. I think £40 for a dozen long STEMM red roses is about where it starts.
Original post by Clip
Roses on Valentines Day is going to have a significant cost attached. I think £40 for a dozen long STEMM red roses is about where it starts.

Perhaps the OP should paint some cocktail sticks green, lump tomatoes on the top and hope for the best
Reply 19
Original post by Birkenhead
Perhaps the OP should paint some cocktail sticks green, lump tomatoes on the top and hope for the best

Depends. If this is one of those unsolicited anonymous gifts to someone in hopeful (but ultimately unlikely) furtherance of an intimate relationship - then yes. Might as well save the money.

If it's for an incumbent girlfriend then it might be worth doing it properly.

Not a fan of flowers, though. The short lifespan and nature of it smacks of offerings at the altar of Hera or something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending