The Student Room Group

Why did I get an unconditional (Not complaining!)

I haven't received any A2 results as I'm sitting them this summer and I was just wondering why I was given an unconditional. I am not complaining IN THE SLIGHTEST haha I'm just curious!
some times unis give them out if they really like someone, even if they haven't got there grades, so no matter what you get at A2 now you got a place at uni :smile:
Reply 2
YOU don't know, but you expect a bunch of strangers on the internet who don't know you OR your situation to know??

Boy, I dunno why you got an unconditional offer too.
My mate got an unconditional offer from Nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Yawn11
YOU don't know, but you expect a bunch of strangers on the internet who don't know you OR your situation to know??

Boy, I dunno why you got an unconditional offer too.

Well I'm just your average college student so I was just curious about any GENERIC stuff behind it, no need to be snippy.
It is a marketing ploy which several universities have been adopting in the last few years to persuade students to accept them. It makes their lives easier if they know who they can count on coming in September. Accept them only if they are genuinely your first choice and you would have gone there regardless of the unconditional offer.
Yep as above - its a recent trend following the loss of the cap on student numbers. Unis are competing for students by making their offers easier for some students.
Original post by Morgierowe
I haven't received any A2 results as I'm sitting them this summer and I was just wondering why I was given an unconditional. I am not complaining IN THE SLIGHTEST haha I'm just curious!

Like Carnationlilyrose said above :smile:

This might be helpful for you, too: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=11155-Unconditional-offers-from-universities-what-to-do-if-you-get-one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending