The Student Room Group

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao 2/5

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
YAy.. I am sooo excited with this.
Live stream of the press conference if anyone's interested

Floyd is too big for him :frown:

He's gonna time him every time Manny tries coming in
will be a let down of a fight because it happened 4 years too late. anyway expect floyd to win
Original post by Kenan and Kel

Floyd is too big for him :frown:

He's gonna time him every time Manny tries coming in

I got Floyd winning by decision. But he's not bigger than pac, he's just taller. Pac is literally massive for his height, have you seen his calves. He's short and compact whereas Floyd is slender. Either way I say Floyd will eventually figure him out if he can weather the storm in the early rounds
Original post by oh-my-diddy
I got Floyd winning by decision. But he's not bigger than pac, he's just taller. Pac is literally massive for his height, have you seen his calves. He's short and compact whereas Floyd is slender. Either way I say Floyd will eventually figure him out if he can weather the storm in the early rounds

Yeah taller is what I meant, and a big reach advantage. Wouldn't be surprised if Floyd wins pretty much all rounds from 5/6 to 10/11. He'll run in the 12th.
Have to say, think they might have done the understated build up to this fight, right. It doesn't need too much selling, it sells itself. They did the stare-down appropriately, weigh-in one will be closer and intense.
Saw this, thought it was pretty cool. Never really thought about the number of punches thing.

Don't agree with Tyson there, Marquez isn't really a huge volume puncher. If anyone needs to be a volume puncher in the fight, it's Manny, not Floyd. Floyd is so damn accurate with his punches, he can throw like 25% less than his opponents and still out-land them with ease.
Don't agree with Tyson there, Marquez isn't really a huge volume puncher. If anyone needs to be a volume puncher in the fight, it's Manny, not Floyd. Floyd is so damn accurate with his punches, he can throw like 25% less than his opponents and still out-land them with ease.
I guess it depends how you see the fight going. If it Floyd on points then yeah I'd agree. I guess the counter is Pac has won a fair few fights by KO, he can punch. If you aren't giving him any volume in return he'll just throw and throw. I doubt he's looking to win by decision tbh. If Floyd can't stop Manny's game plan, Manny might not have to worry about Floyd's

That said he has to land, and even then Floyd has got a stronger chin than he gets credit for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bit health and safety but surprised he's not wearing glasses or something there too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Want Manny to win but have a bad feeling Mayweather will just run away the whole fight and win on points via dodgy decisions.
Sky Box Office have won exclusive UK rights to show the fight, they'll charge £19.95.

Token Fast Car interview...

(edited 9 years ago)
Sky Box Office have won exclusive UK rights to show the fight, they'll charge £19.95.

*cough*stream*cough*
Original post by Zerforax
*cough*stream*cough*

I normally would too. Making an exception for this though.
Original post by Fizzel
I guess it depends how you see the fight going. If it Floyd on points then yeah I'd agree. I guess the counter is Pac has won a fair few fights by KO, he can punch. If you aren't giving him any volume in return he'll just throw and throw. I doubt he's looking to win by decision tbh. If Floyd can't stop Manny's game plan, Manny might not have to worry about Floyd's

That said he has to land, and even then Floyd has got a stronger chin than he gets credit for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dont think Floyd has a solid chin tbh. The few times he's been caught flush he's stumbled heavily (Judah, Mosley, Maidana).

Whether Pacquaio can land one is the question really.
Reply 57
Original post by CB91
Dont think Floyd has a solid chin tbh. The few times he's been caught flush he's stumbled heavily (Judah, Mosley, Maidana).

Whether Pacquaio can land one is the question really.

That isn't really saying much. Maidana is arguably the hardest hitter at 147, Mosley was also known for his power and even Zab Judah (to a lesser extent) could hit a little as shown by the fact that at the time he fought Floyd, 25 of his 34 victories came by way of knockout.
(edited 9 years ago)
I normally would too. Making an exception for this though.

You don't wanna be that guy who is frantically clicking multiple browser links just before the fight starts :biggrin:

I know that feel.

Still streaming this though, they'll not get a penny of the vast Wilfred Little fortune.
If you can get a few mates together £20 isn't a big deal so you can sit down and hassle free HD it on a big screen, but if you're just gonna watch it on your own its a bit steep.

Quick Reply

Latest