Draw 3%
The fight doesn't happen6%
Total votes: 105
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

if true pacquiao would smash him in lol
PLEASE ****ING HAPPEN. Please make this boxing bout come about
(edited 9 years ago)
They're so short, and I don't know why I thought this happened already :rolleyes:

Floyd is being cautious and Manny is going along for the joyride. Yawn. By the time they get in the ring Floyd will look like Don King and Manny will look like Jackie Chan.
I've got a feeling this was agreed, at least verbally, a while back. There are loads of ways they could have exchanged numbers away from the cameras, seems like this is a publicity stunt to create hype for the event.

A shame they couldn't sort this out after Mayweather beat Hatton but the hype for this will top Beatlemania.
Original post by Wilfred Little
I've got a feeling this was agreed, at least verbally, a while back. There are loads of ways they could have exchanged numbers away from the cameras, seems like this is a publicity stunt to create hype for the event.

A shame they couldn't sort this out after Mayweather beat Hatton but the hype for this will top Beatlemania.

Could also be PR from Floyd's side to give it the whole 'I did everything I could to make this happen' before agreeing to fight Cotto, to get the fans off his back. Hopefully I'm wrong though.
Original post by neal95
if true pacquiao would smash him in lol

Im laughing. Floyd will work the ropes all night and win on points. Floyd is a different class.
Few memes:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Could also be PR from Floyd's side to give it the whole 'I did everything I could to make this happen' before agreeing to fight Cotto, to get the fans off his back. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

The cynic in me thinks that. That he was trying to say "I tried, hey, I even got Manny's number in public but wasnt meant to be!" but hoping it was the start of the build up. Don't see how he gets away with another re-match in his Streak. Going to turn into Boxing's Undertaker with these rematches that take away the glow of that streak.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aky786UK
The cynic in me thinks that. That he was trying to say "I tried, hey, I even got Manny's number in public but wasnt meant to be!" but hoping it was the start of the build up. Don't see how he gets away with another re-match in his Streak. Going to turn into Boxing's Undertaker with these rematches that take away the glow of that streak.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just like Taker's 2nd ... I mean 3rd match with Trips was the 'End of an Era', just like Cena and Rock's once in a lifetime became twice with the title on the line, Floyd-Cotto II would be for the MW Title. It's be a disgrace though; two welterweights fighting for the Lineal 160 belt. Eurgh.

With the stuff that's been coming out (Arum lying to Pac about negotiations so Floyd's swapped numbers with Manny to keep it truthful, paperwork being done on both sides but no official contract), it seems like the announcement is still some way away. I mean, if they're looking to fight on 02/05, they're not leaving themselves much time to promote this fight, and training camp. If the fight isn't announced by the weekend, it's not happening. But Floyd traditionally announces his Cince de Mayo opponent after the Super Bowl.
It was very pleasant and very encouraging, and we give Floyd credit for coming over. That's the first time they ever sat eye to eye. I've met Floyd many times, but he and Manny had never had a chance to meet. They talked at halftime, but this was a longer, more serious meeting. You could tell by their body language that this was very positive. It was for a good hour or more. It was a business meeting, but it wasn't a tense business meeting. I think that's because they both have mutual respect for each other. We'll determine what will happen over the next couple of days.

- Michael Koncz (Manny's main advisor) on their private meeting after the game.

I think everything is positive and hopefully, if everything keeps going well, we'll get it wrapped up by the end of the week

- Everyone's favourite uncle, Bob Arum
(edited 9 years ago)
Mayweather vs Pacquiao: Fight reportedly a done deal

TMZ is reporting that the much-anticipated fight between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao is a "done deal" that will be announced in the coming days, with rumors being that it may be formally announced during the Super Bowl on Sunday.

The New York post also reported Bob Arum saying the fight is "imminent," and will be announced soon.

Mayweather and Pacquiao met face-to-face a few days ago at a Heat-Bucks game in Miami, and then reportedly spent a little time together in Pacquiao's hotel room discussing the fight, too. The fight has been rumored and discussed all month long, with prior reports indicating that it was further along than ever before.

While this is not an official announcement, it's pretty close, and there is enough hope out there that maybe, just maybe, we really do have The Fight, after a six-year wait and several failed negotiations.

Mayweather (47-0, 26 KO) went 2-0 in 2014, beating Marcos Maidana in May and September. Pacquiao (57-5-2, 38 KO) also went 2-0, beating Tim Bradley and Chris Algieri.
Mayweather vs Pacquiao: Fight reportedly a done deal

How reliable is this source?
How reliable is this source?

Not very. It's TMZ. They're more known for their celebrity gossip, but they get involved in boxing stories too. Had a hilarious interview with Broner the other week. If it's happening though, it'll almost certainly be announced tomorrow.
Yeah it's TMZ but besides that, things seem optimistic. Wouldn't surprise if they announced it during the Super Bowl half time to really maximise on the moment. Saw Pacquiao's Ringside Special btw, very endearing. Especially when saying he'd want to face FM to feel the punches of the world's P4P..!
Announcement is apparently imminent.
Announcement is apparently imminent.

With it happening in May they've not got all that long really. So I expected as much.

Nursing a semi erect penis as we speak :cool:
With it happening in May they've not got all that long really. So I expected as much.

Nursing a semi erect penis as we speak :cool:

They're both already training for it. Maybe Floyd's waiting for his birthday before announcing it.
Floyd May weather announces fight with Manny Pacquaio for May 2nd.

That's confirmed then.

Quick Reply

Latest