The Student Room Group

Does anyone still listen to radio? even online radio?

Guess this is just out of curiosity, a friend off mine been running an alternative on-line radio for a while now, and it a real laugh. We can choose music we like to have as play lists and we do live shows it really fun and stupid and great way to get friends together.

But just wondering does anyone out there still listen to the radio? or ever go too on-line radios out there?

I mean i never thought about till my friend started running a station and we all listen to each other shows as we friend. We play all sorts of music so it pretty cool

Mod Edit: Link removed.
I switched my radio on the other day and somebody had tuned it to Radio 1. I no longer have a radio.
Yes. A friend and I used to run a radio show at university and we'd have friends requesting songs via social networks. It was a good laugh and we'd usually do the show an hour or so before going out so we'd be pre-drinking whilst doing it and it'd help us get in the mood.
Reply 3
Yeah. I listen to BBC Radio 1 (particularly in the mornings) or LBC.
Of course, whenever I have a night off and the next morning off sometimes I buy a box of beer, hook up the Xbox/high fi and play street fighter til the early hours listening to U105.
Reply 5
Yeah when I'm bored of the music I already have I usually go to Capital or Kiss. I also listen to LBC but rarely as they upload most of their shows to YT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I listen to 6 Music and XFM every day. Particularly during the adverts when I'm watching something on TV. I love 6 Music Recommends and Jon Kennedy's Xposure show. Founds lots of great bands on those shows.
Radio 2 and Talksport. Don't bother with Radio 1 as it's boring, unless they play trance on some evenings like Simon Patterson's show which he used to have..
Yup! Though not as much on the FM dial. I listen to the radio via TuneIn, on either my laptop or my phone. :smile:

On mobile there is also a paid version of tunein which lets you record shows (so you can listen to them offline), well worth buying. :smile:

As for the station? I use a local university radio station, called "Demon FM". Just search for it under tunein and you'll find it!
soma fm:drone zone. 24 hour ambient drone music? yes please.
Reply 10
Some 1Xtra sets from Cameo or Mistajam can be ok

The Grime Show on RinseFM.

Some of the dance DJs on Radio 1 ain't bad either
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
soma fm:drone zone. 24 hour ambient drone music? yes please.

I haven't left this station for a while... I was going to watch The Walking Dead tonight! :fuhrer:

Quick Reply

Latest