The Student Room Group

City University or University of Bath - MSc (Intern.) Management

Dear community,

I plan to do my master's degree in UK. As I am not currently living there I am not really familiar with the reputation of the different university. I would be so grateful if you could give me some advise.

I hold an offer from the University of Bath, one from HULT, and one from the City University London. What is your opinion of those universities and what is your recommendation?

Thank you so much for your help!
Stefanie
City or Bath, not HULT.
Reply 2
Original post by GandalfWhite
City or Bath, not HULT.

Thanks for this answer. I just got an offer of St. Andrews. How would you classify this in contrast to City and Bath?
Before we even go into specifics, you need to ask yourself one question - what kind of environment would you prefer? St Andrews is a very small town, some may even call it village, compared to even Bath. Some people actually like the vibes of studying in London, and believe it helps get them ready for the real world. Personally, I would go for City, for post-graduate, and be close to the action, especially in applying for jobs.
Original post by S47G
Dear community,

I plan to do my master's degree in UK. As I am not currently living there I am not really familiar with the reputation of the different university. I would be so grateful if you could give me some advise.

I hold an offer from the University of Bath, one from HULT, and one from the City University London. What is your opinion of those universities and what is your recommendation?

Thank you so much for your help!
Stefanie

Go for Bath 100%, excellent university and a nice location. St Andrews will scare you for being so isolated and cold, though it is a prestigious UK university otherwise. City is good too, provided the course is taught at CASS Business School. Bath first choice, City second choice. Bear in mind that London is very expensive, even for a working professional, let alone a student!
Reply 5
You are right. London seems to be the most appealing location compared to Bath and St. Andrews. Otherwise I thought that I shouldn't make a decision based on the location. Since it is just one year, I guess the workload is fairly high and I wouldn't have much time to enjoy the location I'm living in. Am I wrong in this assumption?
Reply 6
Original post by Blitzkrieg15
Go for Bath 100%, excellent university and a nice location. St Andrews will scare you for being so isolated and cold, though it is a prestigious UK university otherwise. City is good too, provided the course is taught at CASS Business School. Bath first choice, City second choice. Bear in mind that London is very expensive, even for a working professional, let alone a student!

Do/did you study in Bath? How big are my chances of finding a good employer afterwards? I guess studying in London would be an advantage for this as there is a myriad of career events. Do you think Bath can provide that, too?
Original post by S47G
Do/did you study in Bath? How big are my chances of finding a good employer afterwards? I guess studying in London would be an advantage for this as there is a myriad of career events. Do you think Bath can provide that, too?

I did not study at Bath, but it is a top 10 UK university for reputation and entry requirements. They will provide you with plenty of career events and openings with employers. I would choose Bath. Do not be fooled by location, employers choose candidates from the best universities, not on location.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Hi i have got the offers from bath school of management, bristol university, warwick business school and cass business school .I want to pursue masters in management. Being an international student I dont have much idea about universities and their overall ranking. Please help me in deciding the best university .
Reply 9
Original post by smgoel
Hi i have got the offers from bath school of management, bristol university, warwick business school and cass business school .I want to pursue masters in management. Being an international student I dont have much idea about universities and their overall ranking. Please help me in deciding the best university .

LoL what a nice joke ...

I've seen thousand of people in this forum boasting themselves about getting offer from Warwick so now I doubt Warwick is that easy to get into or these people just want to discourage others by making up a story.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending