The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Learning disability nursing and social work

Hiya, has anyone heard back from SHU for the learning dis nursing and social work course? I've noticed the general nursing applicants have been invited to a selection day. Worrying now as I've only applied for this course. X
Reply 1
Hi, I am currently a first year at SHU on this course. Some of the people in my class didn't hear back until fairly late last year so I wouldn't worry yet. Good luck, hope you get on its a fantastic course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Hi, have you heard back yet?
I've applied too and haven't heard anything just yet so I'm starting to worry slightly!
Reply 3
Hiya, I spoke to them last week and they are just getting through applications, they need a reference from my employer so just waiting to hear again. It's worth giving admissions a ring as they can check your application progress. X
Reply 4
Original post by sophiepop
Hiya, has anyone heard back from SHU for the learning dis nursing and social work course? I've noticed the general nursing applicants have been invited to a selection day. Worrying now as I've only applied for this course. X

Hey! I applied in early December and only received a letter through a couple of weeks ago with an interview date for the 23rd March x
Reply 5
Original post by Cassie08
Hey! I applied in early December and only received a letter through a couple of weeks ago with an interview date for the 23rd March x

Good luck for your interview. Hope it goes well, I would be grateful for any tips you have after x
Hiya, I spoke to them last week and they are just getting through applications, they need a reference from my employer so just waiting to hear again. It's worth giving admissions a ring as they can check your application progress. X

Have you heard back after sending your employer refernece yet? I'm getting worried now! x
Reply 7
I spoke to them yesterday and the admissions woman said she was chasing it up with the admissions tutor. There's another set of interviews on 15th April. Have you tried calling? If not the number is 0114 225 5555 ask to be put through to social care admissions. X
I spoke to them yesterday and the admissions woman said she was chasing it up with the admissions tutor. There's another set of interviews on 15th April. Have you tried calling? If not the number is 0114 225 5555 ask to be put through to social care admissions. X

Brilliant I'll give them a ring x
Reply 9
I applied too and haven't heard anything either! I was just wondering if you managed to give them a ring? If you did what did they say? Thanks! :smile:
I applied and had an interview in January and still haven't heard back from them since my interview, getting worried now as its been a while since January! Anyone else in the same situation?
Hi, does anyone know if their are any entry examinations i.e. mathematics and English? If so, what were they like?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
I finally got a confirmation of interview today, has anyone else heard?
I think there is a written test but think it is your understanding of some written material (not 100% on that though)

x
I finally got a confirmation of interview today, has anyone else heard?
I think there is a written test but think it is your understanding of some written material (not 100% on that though)

x

That's good! I'm thinking of applying next year! Have you only applied for this Uni or any other that does this course? :smile:

EDIT: Also, what have you done prior to this (i.e work, previous degree/study?) :smile: sorry, just curious haha
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
I'll post again when I've been to the selection day if that helps. No I've only applied to SHU. x
I'll post again when I've been to the selection day if that helps. No I've only applied to SHU. x

Yes that will be thank you!
I've finally got my interveiw through too, very excited now! xx
Anyone applying for this in 2016? :biggrin:
I am!! Have you sent off your UCAS application yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending