The Student Room Group

Breaking up over text with a girl who is cold and distant and not replying, bad idea?

Ok so basically me and my gf have been together for around 2 months, it was amazing for the first month and the 2nd month has been rocky. She's been really distant while we would talk everyday all day, now she makes excuses to not take calls, takes hours to reply, never texts me first to see how i am so it's a big change. I thought it was all in my head until i saw her a week ago, i haven't seen her for the past month well only once as we live in different cities, but when i saw her she validated everything completely cold and distant barely spoke to me, lay on the other side of the bed etc, i was staying at her parents house with her so i didn't want to bring anything up and possibly break up right there and then so i left it.

Since that though she's got even worse, she doesn't reply for days now, she didn't reply for like 2 days then gave me an excuse like her phone didn't send the messages etc then proceeded to not reply to my reply for another 3 days, i haven't messaged her since that i mean the message is pretty clear right? Before all this distance she used to say she's scared i'm going to be a rebound from her last relationship as we got together pretty soon after they broke up. She told me she wants to take the relationship day by day and she thinks about being alone on a daily basis as she's not ready for a relationship, says she has a lot of anger from her past relationship that she needs to let out etc.

Anyway it sucks but i'm pretty much over it, this is all well and good and valid feelings if she communicated properly with me and we ended it in amicable way but all this distance and coldness is just annoying. Anyway what should i do she hasn't replied for 3 days do i wait for possibly a week until she replies? I plan to call her maybe tomorrow ask her why she's being distant and hopefully she will open up and we can talk, if she ignores that and hasn't replied in like a week i'm just going to say i haven't heard from you in a week and you've been ignoring calls and texts so i'm gunna assume this relationship is over, call me if you wanna talk but if not i'll see you around". What do you think of me doing this, initially i wanted to meet up face to face and talk but as she's not even responding i'm not even sure if that will ever happen. Do you think it's too harsh, i mean if she doesn't take my calls and texts i'm not exactly going to wait for weeks on end i'm just going to have to end it and move on. What do you think
Sounds like it's already over, honestly Id do nothing, she's not worth even a text if she's just gonna ignore you.
I would literally cut her off.
She's took the cowards way of just ignoring you, I'd give her no satisfaction of any resolution, end it for yourself but leave her well and truly hanging.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by sufferin succotash
Sounds like it's already over, honestly Id do nothing, she's not worth even a text if she's just gonna ignore you.
I would literally cut her off.
She's took the cowards way of just ignoring you, I'd give her no satisfaction of any resolution, end it for yourself but leave her well and truly hanging.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Said well. Do this.
Original post by Lifestyle93
Ok so basically me and my gf have been together for around 2 months, it was amazing for the first month and the 2nd month has been rocky. She's been really distant while we would talk everyday all day, now she makes excuses to not take calls, takes hours to reply, never texts me first to see how i am so it's a big change. I thought it was all in my head until i saw her a week ago, i haven't seen her for the past month well only once as we live in different cities, but when i saw her she validated everything completely cold and distant barely spoke to me, lay on the other side of the bed etc, i was staying at her parents house with her so i didn't want to bring anything up and possibly break up right there and then so i left it.

Since that though she's got even worse, she doesn't reply for days now, she didn't reply for like 2 days then gave me an excuse like her phone didn't send the messages etc then proceeded to not reply to my reply for another 3 days, i haven't messaged her since that i mean the message is pretty clear right? Before all this distance she used to say she's scared i'm going to be a rebound from her last relationship as we got together pretty soon after they broke up. She told me she wants to take the relationship day by day and she thinks about being alone on a daily basis as she's not ready for a relationship, says she has a lot of anger from her past relationship that she needs to let out etc.

Anyway it sucks but i'm pretty much over it, this is all well and good and valid feelings if she communicated properly with me and we ended it in amicable way but all this distance and coldness is just annoying. Anyway what should i do she hasn't replied for 3 days do i wait for possibly a week until she replies? I plan to call her maybe tomorrow ask her why she's being distant and hopefully she will open up and we can talk, if she ignores that and hasn't replied in like a week i'm just going to say i haven't heard from you in a week and you've been ignoring calls and texts so i'm gunna assume this relationship is over, call me if you wanna talk but if not i'll see you around". What do you think of me doing this, initially i wanted to meet up face to face and talk but as she's not even responding i'm not even sure if that will ever happen. Do you think it's too harsh, i mean if she doesn't take my calls and texts i'm not exactly going to wait for weeks on end i'm just going to have to end it and move on. What do you think

Thats a lot and I think I've read it all but here goes... I'm in a long term LDR, about 11 months in he randomly was 'off', we spoke every day and suddenly he wouldn't talk for ages. It coincided with me coming back from uni and he didn't see me. I would get messages like "sorry, busy" and nothing else for about 24 hours. I decided to give him the silent treatment and not talk to him for a day and to my surprise he didn't message me. I was hurt. In the end I sent him a long message telling him how I felt. It actually gave me really bad anxiety and I was so worried something was wrong with him I couldn't eat - he doesn't know this to this day but I don't want to tell him. In short, telling him how he was making me feel by not talking got to the root of the problem way quicker. Quite simply he was having a really crappy week at work and was in a foul mood. I don't think his mood justifies his actions of ignoring me but I think you should consider whether she has a lot going on at the moment. Maybe text her to see how she is doing: "hey haven't heard from you in a while, getting worried about you. message me when you can..." kind of thing. If she really doesn't reply after a day or so, screw her. You deserve better.

Wait it out for a few days, then dump her ass.

(I've tried to be considerate but I can tell where you're coming from and its heart breaking when your 'other half' is like this)
Reply 4
Looks like you're the only one trying to keep the relationship together. You've tried hard to make contact. How much effort has she made? Virtually none by the sounds of things. Breaking up over text/email/Facebook is deemed to be wrong but I reckon its perfectly acceptable in this case

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending