The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Shadey
hi just a quick question- do people retake subject tests?

cheers

That seems to general a question.

Of course they do, but I don't think this is widespread.
Reply 2
SAT Subject Tests? Yeah. The SAT IIs are meant to show your expertise in a subject, to colleges at least. You're aiming for a 700 on those, or as high as you possibly can. So yeah, I know people that have taken some subjects twice.
Reply 3
Students in the IB program and re-sit their exams... there is a deadline by which they have to apply to retake.
Reply 4
I think almost everyone retakes SAT I and SAT II at least twice; even three times is common for the former. But more than three times, and colleges get suspicious...
Reply 5
how tuff is the physics subject test?
Reply 6
n wat abt math level 2? is 650 a gud score?
Reply 7
it normal to take subject tests again. The thing about the third time taking at test is not that colleges get suspicious, the thing is that statistics shows that scores get worse after the third take. The physics test isn't that hard if you have taken a strong physics course... just remeber you can use a calculator and there are no formulas given... i mean even by only answering the mechanics questions you can reach over a 650, the curve is quite large.
Reply 8
silkweed
That's a bit of an urban myth; ad coms usually only see your highest score in each subject, not each one or how many times you took it. The important thing is to do the best you can, even if it takes you several attempts.

Well even if they say they only consider the highest score, all three (or four or five) scores will be there for them to look at. Clearly, a person who can get 800 in one go is superior to one who gets 800 in three or more goes.

Latest

Trending

Trending