The Student Room Group

I'm going to be on TV tonight - AMA

9pm on UKTV Yesterday for the program Weekend Warriors (Shameless plug). I'm not heavily featured in it but will be there. Ask away :-) Apologies if I'm slow replying, I'm on my phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is weekend warriors?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you in the Sealed Knot society? Or one of the other re-enactment groups?
How will you feel knowing people on TSR are going to see and know what you look like?
At least give us a direction, what's your hair colour? :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by channies
What is weekend warriors?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A new tv series documenting the activities of various historical reenactment societies in the UK and Ireland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by barnetlad
Are you in the Sealed Knot society? Or one of the other re-enactment groups?

The group I'm involved in is called Historia Normannis which is 12th century rather than English Civil War which is what Sealed Knot do (I think).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
How will you feel knowing people on TSR are going to see and know what you look like?

Given that my profile picture is of me (albeit more than for years ago), it doesn't bother me at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
do u quickscope m8?
Reply 9
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
At least give us a direction, what's your hair colour? :tongue:

Dark brown, plaited and long i also havea beard. In the main battle I wear a grey tunic and work on the siege weapon and dig the mine. The bit with the mine is the only bit I did which I'm very sure will be in the final cut. There is another guy matching a very similar description and activities but I think his tunic is green. I don't have a very big role, there were plenty more better suited people to give interviews!

I'm really looking forward to it as the previous episodes have been really good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Manitude
Given that my profile picture is of me (albeit more than for years ago), it doesn't bother me at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't see any picture of you :colonhash:
Reply 11
I don't see any picture of you :colonhash:

Hmm... well I never deleted it so I don't know what's happening there. It doesn't show up on my phone but maybe it shows on the desktop version.

EDIT: Yup, it shows on the desktop version but not the TSR app. I am older, wiser and beardier than in that photo though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by somemightsay888
do u quickscope m8?

Yes I do, m9. Or rather the 12th century equivalent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Manitude
Hmm... well I never deleted it so I don't know what's happening there. It doesn't show up on my phone but maybe it shows on the desktop version.

EDIT: Yup, it shows on the desktop version but not the TSR app. I am older, wiser and beardier than in that photo though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:sexface:
Reply 14
:sexface:

Umm... Thanks? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Foo.mp3
What will you do about the small army of teenage fan-girls camped outside your castle, now you're a historical re-enactment celeb heart-throb prince? :horse:

Repel them with my club. Innuendo fully intended.

Having watched it I thought it was really good, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I think it accurately portrayed what it's really like. I was in the background in quite a few shots but my face wasn't really shown.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest