The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Opinion of Bangor?

I've got an unconditional offer from Bangor so I'm just wondering what people genuinely think about the uni, particularly psychology. Thanks for any help. :smile:
Original post by Morgierowe
I've got an unconditional offer from Bangor so I'm just wondering what people genuinely think about the uni, particularly psychology. Thanks for any help. :smile:

I love it. Psychology is famous at Bangor, I heard its number 5 in the country.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Posted from TSR Mobile

Psychology is a great subject and a Bangor is a world class uni cough.

Hmm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just joking psychology is very interesting but I would say there are better unis for psychology than Bangor but Bangor isn't bad though.
Reply 4
I've also got an unconditional for psychology and am planning on going there so who knows, maybe i'll see you there:smile:

In my opinion the best thing you can do is attend and applicant day, which I did on Saturday the 31st. I didn't really know what to expect but I was honestly blown away with how much the staff care about each individual student and how much the students really enjoy studying at the university. One student said that the staff don't treat you like a number, they value you individually which is the feeling I got when I was there.

On the psychology side of things I spoke to three lecturers while I was there and had a talk from one. It was honestly one of the most thought provoking talks I've been to and made me really want to study at the university! Not only that but the lecturers have a great sense of humour, so to me that means that although a serious approach needs to be taken with things like exams and projects, you can have fun while doing so.

Sorry for such a long winded reply, as you can tell i'm pretty hooked on the idea of going haha:smile: If there are any other questions feel free to ask me if you want, but obviously the staff and current students will know more than me (currently :wink:)

Connor
Reply 5
Original post by Csw121
I've also got an unconditional for psychology and am planning on going there so who knows, maybe i'll see you there:smile:

In my opinion the best thing you can do is attend and applicant day, which I did on Saturday the 31st. I didn't really know what to expect but I was honestly blown away with how much the staff care about each individual student and how much the students really enjoy studying at the university. One student said that the staff don't treat you like a number, they value you individually which is the feeling I got when I was there.

On the psychology side of things I spoke to three lecturers while I was there and had a talk from one. It was honestly one of the most thought provoking talks I've been to and made me really want to study at the university! Not only that but the lecturers have a great sense of humour, so to me that means that although a serious approach needs to be taken with things like exams and projects, you can have fun while doing so.

Sorry for such a long winded reply, as you can tell i'm pretty hooked on the idea of going haha:smile: If there are any other questions feel free to ask me if you want, but obviously the staff and current students will know more than me (currently :wink:)

Connor

This is exciting haha. I'm going to the 18th Feb or 4th March applicant day. I have friends there already who love it but I wanted like an impartial opinion haha. Gonna end up walking round lectures shouting for a connor off tsr hahaha.
Reply 6
This is exciting haha. I'm going to the 18th Feb or 4th March applicant day. I have friends there already who love it but I wanted like an impartial opinion haha. Gonna end up walking round lectures shouting for a connor off tsr hahaha.

I hope you enjoy the applicant day, I'm pretty sure you will!! I can understand their opinion, from what I saw, as I've expressed I was blown away ahah:smile:
I'll just hold up a sign! Problem solved :keyboard:
Hey, I've got offers from both Swansea and Bangor and I can't choose..
I haven't been to the actual uni but I've been to Snowdonia National Park (which is literally 30 mins away from the uni). If you're the outdoorsy mountain climbing canoer like I am then you would love Bangor! Not that helpful sorry :colondollar:
Hi Connor

Glad you enjoyed the day and it gave you a good insight into what it will be like as a student here. See you in September!
Having moved away from the West Midlands, I've found a new-found love for nature & the environment after choosing Bangor as my place to study. While it is small, this has added benefits; a low crime rate, a friendly community & atmosphere. I'm on semester 2 of my first year of my psychology course and have to say it has earned its reputation, it's amazing! :smile: The tutors and lecturers are quite friendly & animated which makes waking up for a 9am lecture on a Monday morning seem not so bad... There's also the opportunity of working with a human brain which was interesting to say the least! Me and my friends have all said how lucky we are to live here so yeah, go for it
Glad you are enjoying yourself, look out for opportunities to be an Email Buddy or Open Day Ambassador next year as we will actually pay you to say this sort of thing then:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest