The Student Room Group

Social alternatives to clubbing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trustmeimlying1
its just concerts/comedy shows arent very regular and difficult living in a small town

there doesnt seem to be much going on at night/evening in small towns outside of cinema/bowling or clubbing

I didn't say you have to go to these places. I said you have to find what interests you and makes you happy or stimulates you and go and find a place which caters to it.

As we don't know you inside out are options are useless.

That's a shame, isn't there a city anywear near you ? I live on the outskirts of london but travel an hour and sometimes more to experience it.
Original post by ParadiseFound
I didn't say you have to go to these places. I said you have to find what interests you and makes you happy or stimulates you and go and find a place which caters to it.

As we don't know you inside out are options are useless.

That's a shame, isn't there a city anywear near you ? I live on the outskirts of london but travel an hour and sometimes more to experience it.
great point im a lazy arse is another way of putting it!p

I just wanted to hear some ideas too

ah I guess.without a car evening/night stuff can be tricky...most people arent willing to travel far except weekends but yeh defo something I should consider
sit at home and watch tv
who has time for clubbing anyways haram buche
Original post by hellodave5
I'm assuming you don't just mean a direct alternative for clubbing to do between times of around 12pm-4am ^^

Sleeping :tongue:
It seems like sleeping and reading are the best alternatives. Are you Irish by any chance? (I don't mean any offence by the way)
Original post by Foo.mp3
Pubs
Day game
Sports Bars
Volunteering
Meetup/interest groups

day game haha

meetupgroups at my age?

volunteering good idea..will look into it
Original post by PurpleGhost25175
It seems like sleeping and reading are the best alternatives. Are you Irish by any chance? (I don't mean any offence by the way)
no offence taken

I am indeed

haha poor alternatives
day game haha

meetupgroups at my age?

volunteering good idea..will look into itno offence taken

I am indeed

haha poor alternatives

Oh phew. I am not good with accents but I knew you must be Irish since used the word 'craic' in one of your comments.
Sleeping and reading are poor alternatives but are better than going out clubbing I suppose. Then again it's my opinion. :smile:
Original post by PurpleGhost25175
Oh phew. I am not good with accents but I knew you must be Irish since used the word 'craic' in one of your comments.
Sleeping and reading are poor alternatives but are better than going out clubbing I suppose. Then again it's my opinion. :smile:
haha what about yourself man wherebouts yeh from?

yeh true cheers for your input man..just a tad more social is what im looking for p
Reply 28
Pub quizzes/dinner parties.

Win win.
Me and my friends have random dinner dates, watch movies order Chinese and drink cocktails and wine. None of us are really into partying...
Reply 30
Homicide
Sex n other ****. Mostly sex.
Oh yea, and a good ol' fashioned game o' Monopoly :ahee:
haha what about yourself man wherebouts yeh from?

yeh true cheers for your input man..just a tad more social is what im looking for p

I live near Leeds. I'll be going to university this September and this is a great thread for me as well. Can get a taste of what uni life is like.
Original post by Veggiechic6
Lazerquest is a fun activity for a group of friends :biggrin:

Respect.

Quick Reply

Latest