The Student Room Group

any Fat people on TSR?

have you ever tried to lose weight? how did it go?

why are some people Fat?
Try the white knights on here
Reply 2
Original post by goobypls
Try the white knights on here

blackkidoh.gif
Reply 3
Original post by HarryDn
have you ever tried to lose weight? how did it go?

why are some people Fat?

Peaked at 357lb. My issue is simply that i eat monumental takeaway portions and have not sustainably kept away from those. On top of that my exercise is patchy.

I'm slowly losing it.

People get fat for different reasons. At 17 i was 10 stone and 6'1 having being skinny and able to eat everybody's food put together all my life. I started working, stopped walking and started buying takeaways 4-5 times per week. By 19 i was chubby (6'4 by this point - peak height), last year i peaked.

Personally i don't know why i can't stick to it. In all other matters i'm generally very disciplined and strong minded, i often wonder if there's a mental battle given the timing between the person i was (and can be again) and the person i am today. My weight gain coincided with me dropping from my path of school>sixth form>university>career to being quite disorganized and drifting from job to job (and partying) before finally coming back to education.
Have lost over 4 st so far but still going.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lost 140lbs two years ago. Kept it off. Went well.
Reply 6
Nothing lost yet.
I was 15st5 two years ago. I lost 4st in a year, and have been 11st5 for a year now.

There are lots of reasons why people get fat, but for me I just really enjoyed eating. You don't have to eat much to put on weight, particularly when female. I was just eating three full meals a day, with decent size portions and the occasional chocolate bar - probably only 100 calories over my limit. Over 10 years, 100 calories adds up. I certainly wasn't eating 10 takeaways a day, like on some of these programmes.

I lost weight by running and intermittent fasting. Incidentally, I really enjoyed the intermittent fasting - it was pretty easy not to eat one or two days a week, and enjoy eating the other days, and it actually made me feel great. However, I don't recommend it unless it comes naturally - you don't want to end up anorexic or binge eating.

Quick Reply

Latest