The Student Room Group
really simply answer here. do some exam papers and see what somes up. as a rule is you can answer all of the questions which are in the prvious exams you are going to get an A. however if you are one of those people who are desperate to get a 100% in every exam you ever take you better start revising everything.

Oh and by the way, dont worry about there being hundreds of things to revise in maths, if you can get a specification excerpt you will more than likely see that you know most of it from class.
Reply 2
Try and revise as much of it as you can.... you wouldn't learn it if there wasn't a chance it could come up in the exam :smile:
Reply 3
Do you know any good websites that off printable or PDF mock exams (GCSE)?
Reply 4
AQA has some up. And Edexcel have a few, I think.
Reply 5
Ask your teacher for a copy of the syllabus. Seriously, I have one for physics and it's really useful.

If they're lazy or you don't want to ask them, have a look on the boards' websites.
AisAis
Ask your teacher for a copy of the syllabus. Seriously, I have one for physics and it's really useful.

Or just print one out for yourself

Edexcel
OCR
AQA
Reply 7
/\

Hence the second line.
Oh yes, whoops my bad :p:
Reply 9
Yes I agree. Well for my AS Law, I made my own notes on everything, but then looked for the general pattern in exam questions and it was mostly same. So see the question and summarise it as wel as with the others and you just know what to revise. I normally revise everything, start at the start of year and just do each topic, do my own notes by picking and choosing from various books and and revising them!
Reply 10
look at the syllabus, bust out ur books and c wat each point of the syllabus means, if u no it dont learn it, if u dont make notes to revision
Reply 11

Yes I agree. Well for my AS Law, I made my own notes on everything, but then looked for the general pattern in exam questions and it was mostly same.

You clever dick, isn't law all about looking for patterns? Well, my chemistry teacher says so, which is why lots of people were chemists and lawyers, like our old mole inventer.

:P

(Yes, I AM skiving homework atm!)
Its not necessary to revise the whole book since some of it might not even be on your syllabus so that means you'll be wasting time on revising on a particular topic that might not even come up in your exam. The best thing to do is read syllabus carefully and practice exam questions.
Get a copy of the syllabus and look up anything your not sure about. Make notes on index cards that way you will have broken it down and it will look less and you wont feel so bad about it! like a bitesize chunks idea!
or.....
u could not do any revision and fail completely. Not only will this let you know exactly how much revision you will need to do for the real thing... but it will also let you know how it feels for people who are unable to remember anything for exams.....so makes you a more understanding person?
So perhaps....not revision makes you more compassionate....and makes holidays more fun :-)
Good Luck!
xxxx
Get a couple of exams papers and do ALL of the questions. If you can't do them, that's okay. Once you are totally sure that you are not going to get the question, look it up in the mark scheme or your book. That's how I revise, that way the hardest stuff gets the most attention. The way I see it, the class lessons are just a snapshot of what you need to know and the work you do on your own is where you build on that.
Reply 15
I second reading a copy of the sylabus and coming up with the main points for each section. Also try to get a good revision guide. For GCSE the CGP ones are really good if you don't mind the really bad jokes, or that they're quite patronising. You could also go through your notes and pick out the main points, or have a look at the past papers and see what topic seems to come up most years.
:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending