The Student Room Group

Got any worries about starting University?

Hi I decided to make this thread in order to help people who are planning to start University at the end of this year ease their fears about starting University.

I was printing out my seminar prep and had a thought about how much more organised I would be right now if I knew a few more things about the work given. It made me realise that there were a lot of things since starting Uni that I would have loved to have known before I got here. So nows the chance for any of you to ask a few questions about general issues you're having about starting uni or even if you're thinking of applying in the future and just want to know a little more about what it would be like.

You can ask things such as settling in, whether moving out is the right thing, what it's like living away from home, the work load, how to manage everything i.e. timing etc. The people, how to make friends etc etc.
How long are the lectures? Cos you hear many people say they're like hours long

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by soanonymous
Hi I decided to make this thread in order to help people who are planning to start University at the end of this year ease their fears about starting University.

I was printing out my seminar prep and had a thought about how much more organised I would be right now if I knew a few more things about the work given. It made me realise that there were a lot of things since starting Uni that I would have loved to have known before I got here. So nows the chance for any of you to ask a few questions about general issues you're having about starting uni or even if you're thinking of applying in the future and just want to know a little more about what it would be like.

You can ask things such as settling in, whether moving out is the right thing, what it's like living away from home, the work load, how to manage everything i.e. timing etc. The people, how to make friends etc etc.

I'm going straight into third year from college, so i'm a bit worried about making friends! Also, what is third year of uni like? Is it much harder than second? I'm so nervous!
How hard is it to make friends?

And is joining society's like considered "uncool"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hussnainz
How long are the lectures? Cos you hear many people say they're like hours long

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess that depends on your course and uni. Mine are only an hour long, but I know people who have 3 hour long lectures!
Original post by IronMan97
I'm going straight into third year from college, so i'm a bit worried about making friends! Also, what is third year of uni like? Is it much harder than second? I'm so nervous!

I have no idea, maybe someone in 3rd year can help answer this - I'm only in 1st year!

Can anyone else help?
Original post by IAmEchelon
How hard is it to make friends?

And is joining society's like considered "uncool"?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's really easy to make friends, especially during Fresher's week. Everyone's so overly friendly because you'll all be in the same boat. I guess if you're into the whole partying scene it'll again be a lot easier. But definitely joining societies is the best way to make friends. It's not considered uncool at all, there are loads of societies to join and you'll see during Freshers Fair (or equivalent) how many people are interested in joining and what kinds of societies there are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending