The Student Room Group

Attracting Girls? Why is it so difficult?!

Any tips for greater success?

Scroll to see replies

if you're hoping to attract girls like a flower attracts bees, that's not quite how it works lol.

Work on your self confidence, your appearance. Strike up a conversation.
They're extremely picky and usually never vocalise their interest. I'm stumped...hit on everything in sight? One of them will respond eventually :tongue:
because you're not attractive
Reply 4
Well, where are you looking for them?
Well what I wld say is that girls are taught to never express much interest because that is considered desperate and that guys have to chase a girl and show interest. This sucks because the guy then never know if a girl likes him because she is afraid to show interest and seem desperate and easy. And sometimes if they like a guy they try to mask all of that kind of emotion as they are worried they are being obvious which makes it even harder for the guy. :smile:
Girls don't like ugly desperate guys sorry ;(
In my experience, girls like the following:

NB: Before anyone judges me, I am a total hypocrite as I don't follow all of the below points, but I'm trying to and will hopefully succeed one day! :biggrin:

1) Compatible personality - You've got to show that you can get along with her. If you can make her laugh, you're doing great. You've got to feel comfortable around her and vice versa. Moreover, there's got to be some energy between the both of you. If she's staring blankly at you or doesn't seem to be interested in you, then either she isn't, or you haven't projected yourself well enough.

2) Confidence - So cliché to say but it's absolutely true. Girls don't like the guys who sit in the corner and twiddle their thumbs. They like a robust grounding and can-do attitude.

3) Be Yourself - Again, very cliché to say, and again it's entirely true. I'm no expert, but every girl I've ever been with said that she liked me for my uniqueness. So show them what you've got. (No, not that thing, I mean you as a person)

4) Keep in good shape. I wouldn't say that looks matter the most. See, you're dealt with a hand and that's it. It's in your genetics or whatever you want to say to justify your appearance. The critical point is, there's no such thing as 'ugly'. It's a subjective term. You've got to take care of your body the best you can, keep it lean and eat well and you will look and feel more vibrant, and subsequently attract more women. One girl's reject is another girl's dream, so don't ever write yourself off.

5) Be nice - (Did I mention cliché, anyone?) Girls like nice guys from my experience. Be kind, don't favourite anyone especially, just do good deeds when and where you can and you'll be surprised how much it carries over in your relationships with your friends, family and girls to come. You'll feel better and this will show when the time comes.

6) Eat rejection - If you ask a girl out (because you like her, quantity of asks <<<< quality of asks) and she isn't interested, then that's her loss, as far as you're concerned. Take it like a man and don't go crying home. Get out there, meet some nice girls. You may already know some. If there's one special to you, get yourself ready with the aforementioned points and go and ask her if she wants to get a drink.

The people that find it difficult to get girls are the ones who don't try. And I don't mean that you or me or anyone else should just go out there and 'cold call'. I'm talking about meaningful pursuits. Prepare yourself like you would for an exam or an interview even if it sounds corny and you'll see what happens. :biggrin:

Anyway, best of luck! Have a good one.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by catsis
Well, where are you looking for them?

I don't know why this made me laugh :rofl:
use a great ball instead.
Original post by tearteto
use a great ball instead.

Quick balls are better if they are likely to run away.
Do you want those attractive boobs & vaginas?

No sweat, no sweets( no orgasms ).

More sweat, more sweets ( of course, more orgasms ).

That's the golden rule of reproduction!

Good luck, anonymous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wanted
In my experience, girls like the following:

NB: Before anyone judges me, I am a total hypocrite as I don't follow all of the below points, but I'm trying to and will hopefully succeed one day! :biggrin:

1) Compatible personality - You've got to show that you can get along with her. If you can make her laugh, you're doing great. You've got to feel comfortable around her and vice versa. Moreover, there's got to be some energy between the both of you. If she's staring blankly at you or doesn't seem to be interested in you, then either she isn't, or you haven't projected yourself well enough.

2) Confidence - So cliché to say but it's absolutely true. Girls don't like the guys who sit in the corner and twiddle their thumbs. They like a robust grounding and can-do attitude.

3) Be Yourself - Again, very cliché to say, and again it's entirely true. I'm no expert, but every girl I've ever been with said that she liked me for my uniqueness. So show them what you've got. (No, no that thing, I mean you as a person)

4) Keep in good shape. I wouldn't say that looks matter the most. See, you're dealt with a hand and that's it. It's in your genetics or whatever you want to say to justify your appearance. The critical point is, there's no such thing as 'ugly'. It's a subjective term. You've got to take care of your body the best you can, keep it lean and eat well and you will look and feel more vibrant, and subsequently attract more women. One girl's reject is another girl's dream, so don't ever write yourself off.

5) Be nice - (Did I mention cliché, anyone?) Girls like nice guys from my experience. Be kind, don't favourite anyone especially, just do good deeds when and where you can and you'll be surprised how much it carries over in your relationships with your friends, family and girls to come. You'll feel better and this will show when the time comes.

6) Eat rejection - If you ask a girl out (because you like her, quantity of asks <<<< quality of asks) and she isn't interested, then that's her loss, as far as you're concerned. Take it like a man and don't go crying home. Get out there, meet some nice girls. You may already know some. If there's one special to you, get yourself ready with the aforementioned points and go and ask her if you want to get a drink.

The people that find it difficult to get girls are the ones who don't try. And I don't mean that you or me or anyone else should just go out there and 'cold call'. I'm talking about meaningful pursuits. Prepare yourself like you would for an exam or an interview even if it sounds corny and you'll see what happens. :biggrin:

Anyway, best of luck! Have a good one.

That's some dead good advice. Agree with it completely... U seem like u have girls figured out...wish all guys did :tongue:
Original post by anonwinner
Girls don't like ugly desperate guys sorry ;(

Who said I was ugly or desperate? It's a justified question you are too inept to understand that?
Original post by tinababy
That's some dead good advice. Agree with it completely... U seem like u have girls figured out...wish all guys did :tongue:

That is some impressive advice! Thank you!

Nota Bena: I would say I fairly unique as a person, how do you take advantage of that?!
Can you honestly that if you were someone else would you want to be in a relationship with yourself?

I know the answer to that as you wouldn't be putting up this thread if you thought so.
Don't think about it.
Also, be
-kind
-friendly
-accepting

You will make friends if you have those three traits, regardless of how you look
Reply 17
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
I don't know why this made me laugh :rofl:

Lol really? It's a genuine question :tongue:
Original post by Sam Walters
Can you honestly that if you were someone else would you want to be in a relationship with yourself?

I know the answer to that as you wouldn't be putting up this thread if you thought so.

I don't think I can make that determination as I would be bias! One has to be objective! Being subjective doesn't really help the situation!
Original post by catsis
Lol really? It's a genuine question :tongue:

Unfortunately it is. I'm more interested in how other people approach it and then compare really. I'm not saying I'm bad at it, I just want to see other peoples view points!

Quick Reply