The Student Room Group

Which university? Bristol, Nottingham or LSE

Hey guys

So I was rejected by Oxford after interviews but got offers from these 3 unis- bristol & nottingham for Economics L100 (A*AA) and LSE for Economics and economic history (AAB)
Got 8A* in GCSE and all As in AS levels (maths Econ history and English lit)

I don't know which uni I should put down considering
•quality of the course
•recognition of university by employers (Investment banks, consultancy firms especially)
•student life & student experience

Should I have applied to Warwick UCL or LSE for straight econ? I am confused now and idk what to do :frown:!

Cheers
Original post by MattEconomics
Hey guys

So I was rejected by Oxford after interviews but got offers from these 3 unis- bristol & nottingham for Economics L100 (A*AA) and LSE for Economics and economic history (AAB)
Got 8A* in GCSE and all As in AS levels (maths Econ history and English lit)

I don't know which uni I should put down considering
•quality of the course
•recognition of university by employers (Investment banks, consultancy firms especially)
•student life & student experience

Should I have applied to Warwick UCL or LSE for straight econ? I am confused now and idk what to do :frown:!

Cheers

LSE out of those is best regarded for investment banking, regardless of the fact it's not straight economics. My main concern would be whether you'd actually want to study that or do straight economics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
If you truly hated not doing straight Econ at LSE you could probably switch to pure later in your course :smile: and trust me, I live in Scotland and I'm in year 12 and up here, no one has any idea that Nottingham is respectable, some people have heard of Bristol and the majority have heard of LSE. LSE all the way! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending