The Student Room Group

Concord College shrewsbury!! any info?????

I need someone to tell me about this school.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Reply 2
Hey :smile: I'm from Concord College. Is there anything specific you would like to know?
Concord is great, but it may or may not be your thing. You see, I'm an international student, and Concord is full of international students (particularly of the Asian kind) <-- like I said; may or may not be your thing The culture and atmosphere in Concord is (at least, I assume it is) different from what a normal British school would be like. Concord is predominantly boarding and the support given here is excellent. Most teachers (if not all) are nice and very capable. Concord students work hard and play hard. We do very well in the league tables and if i'm not mistaken, about >70% of our students go to the top UK universities after their A-levels. We receive a lot of support with our UCAS applications and personal statements, especially students who are applying to medical school or to Oxbridge.

Feel free to contact me if you need to know anything else. :smile:
Reply 3
How many of you will get into medical schools a year? How many of them get into cambridge or Oxford medicine? Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by deacons
How many of you will get into medical schools a year? How many of them get into cambridge or Oxford medicine? Thanks

For 2015 entry (the most recent one), we had 21 students going to medical schools.
19 students went to Oxbridge cumulatively (any course), and if i'm not mistaken, 2 of them are medics (both Cambridge).

Here are some general stats from the Concord website.
http://www.concordcollegeuk.com/academic/university-destinations/
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest