The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NathanAllen
I have realized not to long ago that girls or attracted to me and my other gay friends. But I don't know why. My friends and I or ages 16-17. Can anyone tell me why though.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Girls like a man who doesn't need them.

yes, i know this sounds counterintuitive, but the easier you are to attain , the less attractive you are.
because straight men dress like crap

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most girls are attracted to good looking guys. If he happens to be gay, there's no innate predisposition for them to find him any more attractive than if he was not gay.
Original post by Momma's Kumquat
I've met Tom Daley a couple of times. Seems cool on TV but in real life he comes across as a complete prick.

Why what's he done to you?
Original post by Politricks
Why don't you ask why guys attracted to lesbians?

Generally speaking straight men are not attracted to lesbians, because they dress macho, and are normally quite butch.
There's no such thing as a typical gay person. Everyone is different. Some gay people dress according to the latest fashion. Some just wear clothes they are comfortable in. Some only listen to Beyoncé and Gaga. Some listen only to rap music.

It's the same with heterosexuals and with asexuals and with pansexuals and with bisexuals.

It is offensive to many people to make such comment as 'Girls are attracted to gay guys because they dress better'. The day one decides 'Okay, I know I'm attracted to the same sex', they don't conform to a stereotype all of a sudden.

Not all girls are attracted to gay people either.
Original post by Sam Walters
I wouldn't say its counter intuitive at all. When explained it makes perfect sense.

You want to explore someone whom is "Complete" and by that I mean confident in them selves and happy with whom they are.

With someone whom is "Not complete" you'll have to patch up the gaps.

Its like buying a car in a way. You buy it to be able to enjoy it right from the off. Its a nightmare when you buy it and you have to fix it.

Its the same with investing in a person in a way.

Does that all make sense? Its kinda blurted out.

Yes, this makes sense.

A needy, unattractive man, needs a woman, to make him happy and complete. This puts incredible emotional stress on the woman who constantly needs to satisfy his emotional needs.

An attractive man, is happy and complete, regardless of a woman.
Not "attracted" but I've had such fun with gay guy best friend today. A little intense but really good fun. He's nearer 30 than 20 though :smile:
I don't know why guys or attracted to lesbians why don't you go ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you from the UK?

Why are you so interested why some girls might like gay guys it's not like they'll come for you...

It's not true either they just like men whether they're gay or not it'll just be down to their personal taste it's not the fact that the man is gay.
Original post by pocahontas lol
The first thing I see is the last sentence when I scrolled up. And I'm put off at you getting so gassed about your little post :lolwut: but whatever, let's move on.

Ok first 2 paragraphs=stupid, next...

3rd paragraph..blah blah blah...next...

The rest...

what did I just read.

Once again you are basing attraction off of a general situation with your little wedding dance analogy. It's quite common that people who dance at weddings embarrass themselves. And since when does dancing make someone attractive. You can be generally unappealing and still have a good time. It's still up to whose ever eyes set on you, as well as influential societal standards, whether anyone, gay straight dancing wallflower is attractive. I'm so annoyed that I won't even go back and grammatically fix the prior sentence. :colonhash:

Anything else? :rolleyes:

Go back and realise I am talking about the groundings of our social world. Our base foundations of our interactions with others. Not the surface level.

But lets put another spin on this. I do much better with woman now than when I was 19.

Then I was 205lbs and in single body fat percentages.

I'm now 180lbs and around the 15% mark.

Now if what you were saying had any relevance I would be doing much worse now than then by a large margin.

Why doesn't it follow your perceived rules? Because you don't have an understanding of social dynamics through observation and analytical thought. This is something I've developed because I've had to to achieve my goals.

But a question.

Whom would you rather talk to on a night out. A guy whom knows how to enjoy himself or a guy whom stands at the bar because he feels he needs to not act "awkward" in that situation?
Original post by democracyforum
Yes, this makes sense.

A needy, unattractive man, needs a woman, to make him happy and complete. This puts incredible emotional stress on the woman who constantly needs to satisfy his emotional needs.

An attractive man, is happy and complete, regardless of a woman.

Another thing to add to this is what attractiveness really is. Its not totally about physical attractiveness (To a limit of course, as long as you don't look like a yeti). It can be more about whom you are as a person and the way you interface yourself with the world.

Hence why you on occasions see unattractive guys with stunners of girls....If you were to chat to him you would walk away thinking "That guy is an absolute boss!"
"Pocahontas lol" I'm not trying to be mean or anything I promise but really girl we have heard your opinion... And that's all I was looking for. You don't need to judge anyone else because your just getting even more heated over some that you don't need to get mad at. We're cool not hurt feelings

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pocahontas lol
We keep drifting further and further away from the initial argument, and here I am confused on your correlation. Instead of asking me to fill in the blanks of your allusions, why don't you just go on and say what the basis of your argument is.

Whom would you rather talk to on a night out. A guy whom knows how to enjoy himself or a guy whom stands at the bar because he feels he needs to not act "awkward" in that situation?

Im just going to keep quoting this back to you. Just so you know.
I have realized not to long ago that girls or attracted to me and my other gay friends. But I don't know why. My friends and I or ages 16-17. Can anyone tell me why though.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Assuming you mean attracted to in a romantic interest kind of way:

1. If they don't actually know you're gay, they might be attracted to you because as far as they know you're straight. If they find out the truth they may be less attracted to you (if thats what you want).
A phrase that I have used myself and heard lots of other girls say is: "All the good guys are either already taken or gay". Its basically a compliment even though it probably doesn't seem like it.

2. If they already know you're gay, it might even be the fact that they can't be romantically involved with you that makes you more attractive. Its like reverse pyschology.

Us girls can be strange at times. I even scare myself on occasions. :-)
"Pocahontas lol" I'm not trying to be mean or anything I promise but really girl we have heard your opinion... And that's all I was looking for. You don't need to judge anyone else because your just getting even more heated over some that you don't need to get mad at. We're cool not hurt feelings

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry. I may have been playing part in that.

I'm just trying to get her to step outside her perceived box and see the bigger picture.

Im just going to keep quoting this back to you. Just so you know.

:lolwut: Have it your way then. You want to be obtuse. I don't have time for that. I am not going to be baited into supporting this thesis that you have, especially if you refuse to cooperate with me. Sorry :h:
I just want her to know I wasn't trying to be mean to her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HarryDn
i agree!

if more straight boys wore make up and were experimented with other guys (no homo)... of my dreams :perv:

Maybe not the makeup bit. But owt wrong with chucking a bit of concealer on or whatever else.

But you are along the right tracks there.

What I'm referring too.

I tend to observe such a cool quality in gay lads that i'm sure its due to the lack in comparison of "social rules" between the gay community and the straight community.

With gay lads they are the song bird. They are just going to sing their song. If someone praises them they don't care. They are just going to sing their song. If someone shouts at them they don't care they will just carry on singing their song.

Gay lads just do themselves. They don't care for the opinions of others really. I think this is partially due to the lack of imposed constraints in the gay community.

Loads of lads just need to say *******s to the rules and be the song bird just be themselves without any filtering.
Reply 38
Maybe not the makeup bit. But owt wrong with chucking a bit of concealer on or whatever else.

But you are along the right tracks there.

What I'm referring too.

I tend to observe such a cool quality in gay lads that i'm sure its due to the lack in comparison of "social rules" between the gay community and the straight community.

With gay lads they are the song bird. They are just going to sing their song. If someone praises them they don't care. They are just going to sing their song. If someone shouts at them they don't care they will just carry on singing their song.

Gay lads just do themselves. They don't care for the opinions of others really. I think this is partially due to the lack of imposed constraints in the gay community.

Loads of lads just need to say *******s to the rules and be the song bird just be themselves without any filtering.

agreed. like hipsters they are themselves :smile:
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
Gay guys like to play with dolls and life size dolls are all that much better. My wife's posse loved to shop with her, help her dress up, apply make-up, do her hair, yet they didn't feel they had to compete with her like other women may.

Were you more or less attracted to your wife after her gay friends effectively gave her a whole new look?

Latest

Trending

Trending