The Student Room Group

Never invited to anything?

Made this anonymous just in case.

First off, I know this is pathetic and I don't care if you hate on this thread, I'm just looking for some advice.

Recently, I've started to notice that a lot more people at my school are starting to have parties and I'm never invited, I have 5-6 GOOD/CLOSE friends but I'm not popular or particularly unpopular. Pretty much all my friends get invited but I never do, I always feel really jealous and I hear stories of what happened after and I just feel like I'm missing out (I'm 16). Am I missing out on much? Older people always talk about how fun and enjoyable their teenage years were - I haven't experienced anything like that before.

Another thing is that I never really go out with my friends to their houses, the cinema or do anything with them really, I just don't go out much, I'm not very outgoing, I guess this could this be part of it?

Any advice on what to do to try and get more involved with people?

Pathetic - I know.
Sounds like you just hang out with these people but their not actually your friends?

I had the same predicament in sixth form, I hung out with these so called ''friends" but never invited me anywhere. So I just moved on and made new friends.

If they genuinely are your friends ask them about going out and what their doing and if you can tag along etc..

Quick Reply

Latest