The Student Room Group

Got a boyfriend and I'm having a sleepover (with my guy friend)

What do you think of this?
What are your thoughts and opinions on this?
Is it okay?
What about if it's vice versa?

I'm 19 and he's 20 and I told him I'm having a sleepover with a guy and he was pissed. He's just a friend - nothing more. What can I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I would dump you immediately. Anyone who even thinks this is a good idea is nuts.
personally I would dump my girlfriend for even suggesting the idea...
I feel bad for both guys. Your boyfriend because you actually think this is a good idea, and the other guy for being so friend zoned that he's eligible to have a sleepover with a girl.
Reply 4
The fact that you've even asked this kind of suggests your sub consciously feeling guilty about it
I have slept in the same bed as my best friends GF, probably 2 or 3 times. Honestly none of us were that bothered about it. All three of us are pretty close though so I'd suggest that was an exception.
Just you and him?

Or is it the case that there is a party and there's a lot of you?

Unless he is gay I'd be vexed.
I think I would probably trust my girlfriend to do the right thing in this situation, and be all right with it. Seems a little clingy not to.
Reply 8
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I think I would probably trust my girlfriend to do the right thing in this situation, and be all right with it. Seems a little clingy not to.

LOL have fun being single forever, there's trust and then there's letting your girlfriend practically **** another guy.
hahaha if I was your boyfreind I would of thought you would be cheating on me!
I know guys and girls who would be fine with this, just choose your friends (and your boyfriends) wisely OP

If it was literally just the two of you for the entire night, then I understand his concerns. But if it were a group party and it's just easier to sleep at your friend's house that's fine imo
Is this a joke?

First of all aren't you a little old for sleepovers? Why do you need to have one with him?

He may be your friend and you might not be interest but he definately wants to bang you
Reply 12
Original post by icup12
What do you think of this?
What are your thoughts and opinions on this?
Is it okay?
What about if it's vice versa?

I'm 19 and he's 20 and I told him I'm having a sleepover with a guy and he was pissed. He's just a friend - nothing more. What can I do?

Are you both 7 years old or something?! Having a sleepover...wow
So what? If you aren't planning to screw him and you've told your bf that then I don't see a problem - if on the other hand you are planning to screw him then just keep shut up.
Wow. I never realised that girls being friends with guys immediately meant that they wanted to have sex. I should have known that every girl with a male friend is cheating on her boyfriend with him.
Original post by Four Queue
I feel bad for both guys. Your boyfriend because you actually think this is a good idea, and the other guy for being so friend zoned that he's eligible to have a sleepover with a girl.

This. Don't do that...
Original post by alexmann97
Wow. I never realised that girls being friends with guys immediately meant that they wanted to have sex. I should have known that every girl with a male friend is cheating on her boyfriend with him.

It's more to do with, as a man, you know men. A vast majority of male to female friendships are usually man wants female, female doesn't want man = friends. Obviously there are exceptions.

Knowing this, it's strange. It's more strange that she would choose to be there.

I don't know this girl, so I can't comment fairly, this is just on his post alone.
this won't work

my flatmate had two guys sleep in her room on different occasions and both wanted to bang her (which she didn't let them) but it's the fact that she most likely knew they would want to
Maybe I've just lead a sheltered life, but most of the guys I know are actually interested in being friends, you know, because having friends is nice. Not all men just want sex, you can't stereotype it. If you really loved your girlfriends then you should trust her not to be sleeping with other people behind your backs.
Reply 19
I said sleepover because I don't know what word to use? I guess I should have said staying over night.

I said to my boyfriend I will not do anything and will not cheat cos I love my boyfriend too much. It's just friendly night as in friend with a friend kind of thing.

Quick Reply

Latest