The Student Room Group
No.

Just because something is disagreeable, doesn't mean it's immoral.

It is disagreeable to burn my money rather than give it to charity, but that isn't immoral.
I guess this thread is imposing on my rights to be entertained
Reply 3
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I guess this thread is imposing on my rights to be entertained

Coming from you that's quite the achievement.

Original post by TurboCretin
No.

Just because something is disagreeable, doesn't mean it's immoral.

It is disagreeable to burn my money rather than give it to charity, but that isn't immoral.

Is it not?
(edited 9 years ago)
[QUOTE=jakeel1;53263427]Coming from you that's quite the achievement.

Is it not?

well played :colone:
Original post by jakeel1

Is it not?

No. It makes me a bit of a dick, but it isn't immoral. It's my property to dispose of as I see fit.
Reply 6
No. It makes me a bit of a dick, but it isn't immoral. It's my property to dispose of as I see fit.

It is your property, and the act of charity is entirely voluntary, nonetheless what is the distinction between an act that is disagreeable and one that is immoral?
Original post by jakeel1
It is your property, and the act of charity is entirely voluntary, nonetheless what is the distinction between an act that is disagreeable and one that is immoral?

Whether or not you're breaching a duty you owe or infringing on a right someone else has.

You don't owe a duty to anyone to be interesting.
Whether or not you're breaching a duty you owe or infringing on a right someone else has.

You don't owe a duty to anyone to be interesting.

:o:o:o:o:o:o

I think it's illegal to destroy currency.
I wouldn't call it immoral but I wouldn't exactly call it a positive trait unless you were like an introvert.
Original post by Dr Pesto
I think it's illegal to destroy currency.

It's illegal to destroy coins, and to deface banknotes. It isn't illegal to destroy banknotes.
Original post by jakeel1
Since most of us would disagree that being boring is an agreeable trait, and traits that are not agreeable are usually considered immoral, of course it is not a grave act, but nonetheless do you still consider it ethically wrong?

There is of course a degree of education and relativity, as with the case of classical music, many find that boring whereas i'd simply dismiss it as ignorance, however in some cases there is a genuine ground to call something boring.

OMG a girl after my own heart...I love making posts about immorality...

Latest