The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Accommodation- Denmark Road

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eloisevans
Fair enough, did you ever live in city halls? I'm worried about the people I'll be sharing with (kinda)

No, I've been commuting from home thus far. I have applied to some halls in Victoria Park for next year though. I think Denmark Road and Whitworth Park are the better two of the city halls in terms of socialness so I'm sure you'll be fine. :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I hope you're right! :jebus: Fingers crossed you're living at Victoria Park next year :biggrin:
Well then we might end up knowing each other come September - I've already been given my room number

Which course did you apply for?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PearJosh
Which course did you apply for?

English Literature. What about yourself?

Management (Marketing). At least you definitely know you'll be going to Denmark Road. I'll have to wait till August to see what happens
Management (Marketing). At least you definitely know you'll be going to Denmark Road. I'll have to wait till August to see what happens

Sounds interesting, and yeah I guess that's my benefit, fingers crossed for you though! :-)
Original post by LauraRJ97
So i've just accepted an offer from Manchester uni for psychology, my only worry is I don't know where to live...
My boyfriend goes to Manchester Met uni and his accommodation is rather standard and old fashioned.
I really want an en-suite and would prefer to be in a city center campus. Denmark road looks so nice (but very pricey) i would be willing to pay for it though if it's worth it.
My concern is: if it's a bit boring, do the students go out much, is it mainly international students or upper class students?
I want nice accommodation but i would like a good social life and friendly flat mates, any advice or knowledge on Denmark Road/ Manchester Uni
(i've heard Fallowfields is good but the crime rate seems to be rather bad and I'm sick of getting buses now, I literally hate them)
Thanks

I've just applied for accommodation today, and I have put Denmark Road as my first preference

I won't be in your halls but I will be on your course! 👍
Original post by TwoLimes
I won't be in your halls but I will be on your course! 👍

ah cool! have you gone to a visit day yet?
ah cool! have you gone to a visit day yet?

Yep, I've applied for English & American studies as well so I went to the one on the 18th February, but I think there's another in April for single honours so I might go to that too as I ended up with more info about AS than I did about English!

Have you been to one yet?
Original post by TwoLimes
Yep, I've applied for English & American studies as well so I went to the one on the 18th February, but I think there's another in April for single honours so I might go to that too as I ended up with more info about AS than I did about English!

Have you been to one yet?

Not yet, but there's one tomorrow that I'm going to but I think it's also for AS and Creative Writing so I might be in the same boat.
Original post by charlotteread_
I've just applied for accommodation today, and I have put Denmark Road as my first preference

What did you pick as your other choices and have you visited Denmark Road before?
Well then we might end up knowing each other come September - I've already been given my room number, it's ---

Have you considered not putting your new address on the internet where anyone can read it? If you wouldn't publish your parents' address you shouldn't publish your room number - it's no different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets
Have you considered not putting your new address on the internet where anyone can read it? If you wouldn't publish your parents' address you shouldn't publish your room number - it's no different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you considered the fact that I don't live there yet, and the halls are manned by security and tutors 24/7
(edited 9 years ago)
What did you pick as your other choices and have you visited Denmark Road before?

I haven't visited but from the pictures it definitely looks the most modern, I've also put down Richmond park and sheavyn house in the fallowfield campus
Have you considered the fact that I don't live there yet, and the halls are manned by security and tutors 24/7

You will be living there in the near future, and that post will still be there when you do live there.

There's security, but if someone really wants to get in, they will, usually by tailgating.

Security and pastoral staff are not a panacea - you have to play your part in keeping yourself safe too.

Calling someone names because they point out that you're doing something rather silly and express concern for your welfare is rather churlish. You may like to consider that others have more experience with university and halls than you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Origami Bullets
You will be living there in the near future, and that post will still be there when you do live there.

There's security, but if someone really wants to get in, they will, usually by tailgating.

Security and pastoral staff are not a panacea - you have to play your part in keeping yourself safe too.

Calling someone names because they point out that you're doing something rather silly and express concern for your welfare is rather churlish. You may like to consider that others have more experience with university and halls than you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok thanks xxx
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 37
Well then we might end up knowing each other come September - I've already been given my room number, it's ---

Wow you already have your room number, i think everyone (who applied through the uni and not directly with SS) on conditional offers won't have that until they are definitely going to Manchester Uni.
I applied to denmark road because i basically want to live comfortably in a nice contemporary double bed flat and i applied in january just to make sure so fingers crossed. :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by itsMaii
Wow you already have your room number, i think everyone (who applied through the uni and not directly with SS) on conditional offers won't have that until they are definitely going to Manchester Uni.
I applied to denmark road because i basically want to live comfortably in a nice contemporary double bed flat and i applied in january just to make sure so fingers crossed. :biggrin:

What were your other choices?
Reply 39
What were your other choices?

Victoria Hall and Opal Gardens because they were the most decent ones closest to denmark r. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending