The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Accommodation- Denmark Road

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itsMaii
Victoria Hall and Opal Gardens because they were the most decent ones closest to denmark r. :smile:

Same, which type of room did you choose for Victoria Halls?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 41
Original post by PearJosh
Same, which type of room did you choose for Victoria Halls?

At victoria halls i chose the deluxe ensuite shower one. The price between standard all the way to the deluxe wasn't significantly different and like i said, I wanted the best comfortable one.
Hi,
I'm living here next year, i had friends who stayed here this year and they said its great. The flats are really modern and comfortable and they said there's a pretty even mix of international and home students.

As for social life, its not a crazy constant party place but still fun. I wouldn't worry too much about social life especially if you're a fresher. There are constant opportunities to make friends and party in Manchester.

:smile:
Reply 43
Ok, this had made me feel a lot better about Denmark Road, I just hope I get it! Hopefully I'll meet some of you in September :smile:
Hey. I'm an international undergraduate student for Psychology. I have picked Denmark Hall as my first choice, but I can't decide on my second or third. The only things I really want is an ensuite bathroom, a clean environment, and Internet access. If you could name some good halls that would be great. Thanks.
Original post by vinnysandhu
Hey. I'm an international undergraduate student for Psychology. I have picked Denmark Hall as my first choice, but I can't decide on my second or third. The only things I really want is an ensuite bathroom, a clean environment, and Internet access. If you could name some good halls that would be great. Thanks.

Have you read the Accommodation FAQ?

Also, all the halls have internet access so you don't have to worry about that.
Reply 46
I applied to Denmark Road at the end of March & was informed that all rooms have been allocated, however, they had placed me on a waiting list - just wondering if you've been successful with booking your room?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47

I'm doing psychology to, where are you from :smile:? I also applied for sheavyn house and Richmond park because they both have em suites to but they're in fallow field which is just a bit out of the city centre
And
Original post by LauraRJ97
I'm doing psychology to, where are you from :smile:? I also applied for sheavyn house and Richmond park because they both have em suites to but they're in fallow field which is just a bit out of the city centre
And

I'm from Toronto, Canada. Are you from the UK? Are those halls good?
Reply 49
I'm from Toronto, Canada. Are you from the UK? Are those halls good?

Yea I'm from the UK, I live nearish to Manchester. Well I'd say Denmark Road is the best because it's the newest, en suite and has a double bed. I chose sheavyn and Richmond because they're also en suite. I think there could be some OK accommodation in Victoria Park but supposingly its the quietest of all the 3 sites, and I think a little bit of social life is needed
I currently live at Denmark Road and love it, I've rebooked to live there next year

The staff are so friendly and approachable if you have any worries or problems within your flat they are there to help. During freshers week you get to know people in your flat and some in your block there are regular parties and the accommodation have had some gatherings. The flats usually are a mixture of Man Uni, MMU and Salford but there are blocks that are strictly Manchester Uni only. But from my experience its best to get a mixture of all students so you can attend both freshers week!
Original post by JessIK1995
I currently live at Denmark Road and love it, I've rebooked to live there next year

The staff are so friendly and approachable if you have any worries or problems within your flat they are there to help. During freshers week you get to know people in your flat and some in your block there are regular parties and the accommodation have had some gatherings. The flats usually are a mixture of Man Uni, MMU and Salford but there are blocks that are strictly Manchester Uni only. But from my experience its best to get a mixture of all students so you can attend both freshers week!

Can you post some pictures?
Can you post some pictures?

Yeah of course! The table, rug and extra chairs we provided.
You get given sofas, main tv, microwave, mop, hoover, iron and board.
Yeah of course! The table, rug and extra chairs we provided.
You get given sofas, main tv, microwave, mop, hoover, iron and board.

Thanks. How about the rooms and how is the wifi connectivity?
Thanks. How about the rooms and how is the wifi connectivity?

The rooms differ, some rooms are wider or longer just depends on the flat layout.

Wifi is fine you get it throughout your flat and room, when you arrive on moving day you need to set up an account with StudentCom to access the wifi and they have contact helplines 24/7 if you have any problems. You will get a pack to help you with everything. Would recommend collecting a Ethernet cable from reception when you move in for your laptop. Wireless printers don't work that well and the wifi is protected i had problems so i purchased a plain usb cable to plug into my mac.

If your placed into a block thats not a freshers block I'm sure there will be a member of your flat who previously lived there who can help :smile:
The rooms differ, some rooms are wider or longer just depends on the flat layout.

Wifi is fine you get it throughout your flat and room, when you arrive on moving day you need to set up an account with StudentCom to access the wifi and they have contact helplines 24/7 if you have any problems. You will get a pack to help you with everything. Would recommend collecting a Ethernet cable from reception when you move in for your laptop. Wireless printers don't work that well and the wifi is protected i had problems so i purchased a plain usb cable to plug into my mac.

If your placed into a block thats not a freshers block I'm sure there will be a member of your flat who previously lived there who can help :smile:

Ahh good ideas. Is Denmark Road quieter than other halls, as people make out?
Ahh good ideas. Is Denmark Road quieter than other halls, as people make out?

Ermmmm, from my experience its not that quiet! There are regular flat parties which are posted on a Facebook page for denmark road. Its not a crazy at normal halls as its not just first years living there. You are sometimes mixed with second years and third years who need time to study. Its quite quiet at the moment as its our exam period but end of may/june there will be parties.

It really depends if your sociable and take the time to make friends with people in your block. Lots of people go into the games room and take part in activities such as yoga and dance in the communal areas.
Reply 57
Original post by LauraRJ97
I currently have no other choices, nothing looks as nice as Denmark road, it's basically the only modern accommodation, but a social life IS important to me

Ive applied for Denmark road too, I think no matter where you go you'll get a wide mix of people from all different walks of life, that's what uni is about isn't it? I can't wait to be living in Denmark road with a double bed and an en-suite bathroom! If you're a social person you'll make friends easy enough! If your flat mates are boring, which they won't be I assure you, then it's their loss😉
I've applied for Denmark Road too! I also thought it looked the nicest and its on city campus so it's really convenient! I just hope I get a place there though
I've applied to Denmark Road; I did it in December to try make sure I got it because I want to be in the city and it looked really nice but I got made to edit my application last month and am now worried I won't get it if that's moved me down the queue. My other choices don't seem anyway near as appealing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending