The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
I think sandwich courses do include work experience, it depends on whether you need work experience for your chosen career, and whether you can afford it!
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
i think work exp is important for this course, but a 3year sounds good, bcos u fin early

im still undecided for my last 3 choices of uni...
Reply 3
Ok, well regarding any Biomedical science degree whether lab based or not experience is crucial in getting a job and making your application shine out more, employers in any field will value your experience as you always have to work in a team and on your own regardless so youll have at least shown that you have these skills. You basically study for your first and second year and instead of studying during your third you pay half of the tuition fees that you normally pay and then having already applied for the spots during the second year (what im doing now frikin annoying) you go out for a year and work in certain companies for example glaxosmith. After which you then come back to uni for the 3rd year as a 4th year student.

You get paid between £9,000 and 16,000 for this year as well as getting the experience. It isnt a question of affording the work experience, its more of an if you can be bothered thing.

Dont be preassured into deciding now whether or not you want to do this ( at brunel im not sure about the other unis) but you can change to a thick sandwich course up until the middle of your second year.
Yeah same with our course, you can talk to your tutor once you get to uni and they can help you decide whether a sandwich course is right for you.

Latest

Trending

Trending