Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Sidney Sussex College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have you started preparing for STEP yet Gordon? (Do you get any help btw?)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    well i shall also add my musings to why i picked sidney.......it's small and v. pweety and was definately the friendliest college i visited. It's riiight in the centre of town. And when i went round a mother duckie and her chicks were waddling on the lawns......awww so cuute
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluecat)
    well i shall also add my musings to why i picked sidney.......it's small and v. pweety and was definately the friendliest college i visited. It's riiight in the centre of town. And when i went round a mother duckie and her chicks were waddling on the lawns......awww so cuute
    I'm not really sure why we have ducks as we have no water at all, not even a pond! I'm also surprised Pebbles hasn't eaten them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah started having a look at them - Glossopdale is useless - 'you want help with what papers?' But have found a PhD student at Manc that doesnt mind chatting about maths so he's giving me a hand. There getting easier (but that doesnt specify where I started :rolleyes: )

Have you kicked off yet?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I only properly started this week (I'd only looked at the odd question before that). I've only looked at STEP II so far also (I'm too scared to look at STEP III), but they are getting easier.

Ridge haven't offered any support yet (it took them 10 minutes to realise I wasn't inquiring about disabled access, "you need help with the steps?") but they said they were going to try and get something sorted.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    I'm not really sure why we have ducks as we have no water at all, not even a pond! I'm also surprised Pebbles hasn't eaten them.
    hmm i know i was suprised too. chance event i guess......but they were gorgeous!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datr)
    it took them 10 minutes to realise I wasn't inquiring about disabled access, "you need help with the steps?"
    :rofl: I love the way neither your college or mine know anything about these papers...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In an attempt to resuscitate...

Did anyone else get the letter asking for a photograph for an id card?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datr)
    In an attempt to resuscitate...

Did anyone else get the letter asking for a photograph for an id card?
    yes, yes i did.

Shoud probably get on and take picture of me
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for reminding me - that was on my list of jobs for today...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Make sure it's a good one- it stays with you til you graduate! And try and get it as close to the correct size as possible becuase they stretch it to fit so you might end up with a very odd shaped face.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on facebook thats going to sidney this year? theres a group "Sidney sussex students starting october 2007", was quite surprised when i found it lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    moi- i joined the other day cos there was someone who i recognised from my open day. she also got in for my subject, which was nice, nd we had a bit of a catch up. She's the creator actually.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, i just joined the group now
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Am I being really dense, I cant find it...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GordonP)
    Am I being really dense, I cant find it...
    i just searched sidney sussex when i found it, but now i only find this when i type that in lol.
    15.) The most overdue book in the world was borrowed from Sidney Sussex College in Cambridge, England and was returned 288 years later.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleCrumble)
    i just searched sidney sussex when i found it, but now i only find this when i type that in lol.
    15.) The most overdue book in the world was borrowed from Sidney Sussex College in Cambridge, England and was returned 288 years later.
    Lol, you'd never get away with that now- we get regular emails telling us to give out books back if we forget, then fines!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else can't wait for october?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're awfully confident.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    me, as long as i get my grades. however, need to start revising- i keep forgetting i've only got around 8 weeks left till my first exam!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2014
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.