The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Sidney Sussex College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Since almost all the cambridge colleges have a thread for their 2007 applicants, I thought sidney deserved to have one too!

All the applicants can post their course here, and we can be updated with any interview dates/offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Excellent. :biggrin:

I'm applying for MML.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Engineering myself
Reply 3
Ronove
Excellent. :biggrin:

I'm applying for MML.

thanks!!!!
it was high time we did :smile:
Reply 4
Just opposite Sainsbury's. Can't be all bad.
Reply 5
The big issue people scare me though :s:
Reply 6
Ronove
The big issue people scare me though :s:

Clive is nice, though he needs some new catchphrases. The others aren't scary- more dull. They don't pounce! But, yeah, there are a lot of Big Issue sellers.

ps. Good college choice:biggrin:
Hi! I've applied for biological NatSci at Sidney! Could any current NatSci students at this college give any advice about what to expect at interview :smile: thanks xxx
Reply 8
hannah_banana
Hi! I've applied for biological NatSci at Sidney! Could any current NatSci students at this college give any advice about what to expect at interview :smile: thanks xxx

I think Bio NatSci interviews will be fairly similar from college to college; my intitial interviewers at Pembroke took a similar approach to the ones at Sidney- the only difference was my Sidney one was through the winter pool so I had two interviewers in one interview rather than one interviewer in two sepearte interviews. At Sidney I remember being asked about pineapples and their defense systems (enymes, spiney bits etc), DNA coiling, and some Chemistry bits. At Pembroke I got asked about a wierd bug thing he showed me on his lap top, it's ciruclation, feeding mechanisms and stuff, and about how I'd test to see if rats were colour blind, and the brain. I think I was also asked about a book I said I'd read. But it was a loooong time ago, so there will be different questions, and the format may have changed slightly. All the fellows at Sidney are lovely though, so there's no need to be scared of them!
Hellooo, I'm applying for MML as well. I really hope they let us know when interviews are soon.
Reply 10
hello! I applied open and got assigned to sidney.. i'm quite pleased with it, actually.. applying for maths..
Reply 11
cjsk
hello! I applied open and got assigned to sidney.. i'm quite pleased with it, actually.. applying for maths..

If you're get in and live at college, you'll have a ten minute stroll to lectures for the first two years. :smile:
Thanks Joanna, thats a great help :smile: Ive got a mock interview tomorrow :s-smilie: organised by my college so hopefully that will help prepare me too. xx
Reply 13
Hey folks! Im applying to Sidney for SPS! good luck with your applications :smile:
Reply 14
If you're get in and live at college, you'll have a ten minute stroll to lectures for the first two years.

I thought the mathematics dept. was on the outskirts of town, by churchill college...?
Reply 15
cjsk
I thought the mathematics dept. was on the outskirts of town, by churchill college...?

It is. But you won't have lectures there until the third year (or unless you go to the non-examined History of Mathematics lectures). You'll be at the New Museums Site and Mill Lane for the first two years.
Reply 16
Hi guys,
Applied to read economics, but no interview dates yet.
Reply 17
It is. But you won't have lectures there until the third year (or unless you go to the non-examined History of Mathematics lectures). You'll be at the New Museums Site and Mill Lane for the first two years.

oooo.. awesome..

thanks!
Reply 18
i was just informed about my interview at Sidney Sussex: on 7th December
they r having a test as well
getting nervous ...less than a month to go!!
Reply 19
oh my god...

Karan146, amm i right in saying that the economics interveiw/test is on the
7th dec?

As u know , i'm also applying for economics, but i have not got the letter yet. Beginning to get worrieed npow........

ps what is this test on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending