The Student Room Group

Changing uni course

Right, so I've applied to do history at 5 uni's and have received offers back from 4. But I have recently decided that I would rather do International Business instead.
I am happy with the uni's and on the UCAS website it says to change course you contact them directly and literally just ask to do so.
Does anyone have any advice or experience with doing this?
Cheers :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by toby3612
Right, so I've applied to do history at 5 uni's and have received offers back from 4. But I have recently decided that I would rather do International Business instead.
I am happy with the uni's and on the UCAS website it says to change course you contact them directly and literally just ask to do so.
Does anyone have any advice or experience with doing this?
Cheers :smile:

Think about why you want to change. You need to persuade the unis to give you an offer for international business. If it's similar to the course you applied for it should be easier to change, but people have swapped to courses that have nothing in common.

Consider writing a new personal statement. Even if you don't want to write a full one at this stage, just having a few ideas will be helpful. The unis might ask for you to send one to them (via email) so you could get a headstart on thinking what you might write.

Emailing is probably better than phoning.Remember to include your UCAS personal ID so they know who you are! And mention a few of your reasons for changing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending