The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry University - Adult Nursing.. Confirmed Offer?

Hi!

I'm really excited as I've just confirmed my offer from Coventry University Sept 2015 Adult Nursing intake! I was wondering if anyone else has had an offer yet? So excited to start!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by MeganRosee
Hi!

I'm really excited as I've just confirmed my offer from Coventry University Sept 2015 Adult Nursing intake! I was wondering if anyone else has had an offer yet? So excited to start!

Hi, thats fab! I am hoping to get an offer from Coventry University for Adult Nursing aswell. I was wondering how the interview was?
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi,
I have got an interview this coming week is it alright if you could explain to me the procedures and how the tests and the interview went.
Thanks for your help
Reply 3
Hiya! Sorry I didn't see your reply, I hope the interview went well!

I've entered a little differently to some people. I applied for a place on a new scheme the NHS is rolling out. Basically, you apply for University via UCAS, and have the same interview process etc, but the NHS employ you for six months as a HCA in the field of Nursing you are applying for to give you that hands on experience. In my case, as I applied for Adult Nursing, I am currently working with the Tissue Viability team. I will also be working a month with the District Nurses in the summer. Prior to this, I had already been to University and studied an English degree, but I didn't have the experience for a Nursing degree, so when I saw this opportunity I practically leaped for it. I think they had 20 places, but they've only had 4 successful applicants this year (it's the first year Coventry University are doing it).

At the interview, I was interviewed by two different panals - the University and Cov & Warwick Partnership Trust. My day comprised of a presentation about the course, what is expected from us. We then had the (dreaded) maths test, which I found pretty easy, and we also had to provide written answers to two questions, sort of along the lines of why you wanted to study Nursing. After this, we were given questions to discuss amongst ourselves, but since there were only two of us in the interview, we spoke with the interviewer. The questions were about different scenarios, such as what we would do if we caught a fellow student stealing. They were run of the mill scenarios though, nothing unexpected.

I can't wait to start in September, but I wish I had a bit more information on course dates etc. I've just had a letter from occupational health so at least all my jabs will be up to date ha!
I'm joining this thread a bit late but I'm going to be going you on the Adult Nursing course in September :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest