The Student Room Group

Help: GCSE Statistics controlled assessment

i am currently studying statistics and i have just began my controlled assessment.
My theme is: Games
i would appreciate any help around statistics as a whole or even specifically how to achieve A* on this theme/assessment.
Original post by Maryemberrada
i am currently studying statistics and i have just began my controlled assessment.
My theme is: Games
i would appreciate any help around statistics as a whole or even specifically how to achieve A* on this theme/assessment.

I did this last year and got an A* in the coursework (it was really easy) but ours was based on crime and we picked 15 (I think can't really remember :P) cities from the north and 15 from the south. You need to use methods such as spearmans rank correlation, scatter graphs, box and whisker plots and basically anything your teacher tells you but most importantly analyse what your data shows you need to talk about the averages (mean, median, range etc), interquartile range. I think I've covered nearly everything, hope I've helped :smile:
yes thank you i will bear that in mind , but for my planning im not sure on how much i should write and what exactly should i include.
that would be veeeery much appreciated for :smile:
these are my hypotheses:
1. The older you are the less time it will take you to complete both games.
2. KS3 students require less attempts than KS4 to show larger improvements in the amount of time taken to complete the games.
3. Females perform much better in number games than worded games.
Original post by Pegeek
I did this last year and got an A* in the coursework (it was really easy) but ours was based on crime and we picked 15 (I think can't really remember :P) cities from the north and 15 from the south. You need to use methods such as spearmans rank correlation, scatter graphs, box and whisker plots and basically anything your teacher tells you but most importantly analyse what your data shows you need to talk about the averages (mean, median, range etc), interquartile range. I think I've covered nearly everything, hope I've helped :smile:

yes thank you i will bear that in mind , but for my planning im not sure on how much i should write and what exactly should i include.
that would be veeeery much appreciated for :smile:
these are my hypotheses:
1. The older you are the less time it will take you to complete both games.
2. KS3 students require less attempts than KS4 to show larger improvements in the amount of time taken to complete the games.
3. Females perform much better in number games than worded games.

Quick Reply

Latest