The Student Room Group

Choosing A-levels?!

Hi,

Im currently trying to decide which A-levels to study next year.
I want to eventually study Chemistry or pharmacology at a russel group university.
I know im definitely taking maths, chemistry and biology. However i cannot decide between further maths, physics or french for a final option :/ i recieved A*s in my recent mock exams for all the subjects listed above. I was just wondering if anyone else took a mixture of these subjects and if they could offer some advice?
You want to do Pharmacology or Chemistry. They are both sciences so take Physics. Highly respected and probably the easiest of the 3.
Reply 2
Original post by Raymat
You want to do Pharmacology or Chemistry. They are both sciences so take Physics. Highly respected and probably the easiest of the 3.

Thanks :smile: My instint is telling physics and its definitely the more enjoyable in my opinion than french and further maths :smile: my only worry is the work load of three sciences and maths :/
Original post by Maccy_d
Thanks :smile: My instint is telling physics and its definitely the more enjoyable in my opinion than french and further maths :smile: my only worry is the work load of three sciences and maths :/

Mate, A level Maths is massive workload, imagine Further Maths!!! Defo take Physics. You want to avoid units like FP2, FP3 and M3 in A2 Further Maths.
I want to do medicine. I chose Maths, Biology, Chemistry. But for my last option I chose Psychology. This is because I was told that I need to show a range of skills. As I have already chosen science subjects it shows I know the science. So by choosing psychology I extended my range. So I will be a better doctor and Uni's favour variety in medicine.

In your case I suggest French. I will not suggest further maths as you will eventually rip your hair out. Physics is not necessary for a degree in pharmacology/Chemistry so it will be mutually insignificant. French will enable you to possibly work in France. Also people who can speak more than 1 language fluently usually show extensive intelligence.

Quick Reply

Latest