The Student Room Group

How much revision do you do after school and on weekends?

For AS how much is everyone revising now?
The recommendation in my school was 4-5 hours a week, per subject (overall 20 or so hours).
Of course no one did that last year lol.

Now that I'm in A2, the work load is crazy, so I would say 6-8 hours over the weekend and 2+ hours after school.
Reply 2
Original post by xxshystarxx
The recommendation in my school was 4-5 hours a week, per subject (overall 20 or so hours).
Of course no one did that last year lol.

Now that I'm in A2, the work load is crazy, so I would say 6-8 hours over the weekend and 2+ hours after school.

How were your AS results?
Posted from TSR Mobile

6-8 hours.

*faints*
Reply 4
I do 2 hours after school and 3 hours on weekends now because I completely flunked my mocks.
Not enough. I spend so much time on my homework!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
Not enough. I spend so much time on my homework!

Posted from TSR Mobile

^^Same. I'm so exhausted after all the set homework, I just don't have the energy to revise more.
Reply 7
I aim to do an hour of work outside of class on each subject every day, weekend is more like 6 hours a day. Last year for AS i feel like I worked a lot harder though.
Original post by llanber
How were your AS results?

In my opinion, it was a lot worse than I had expected.
I was expecting 2As and 3Bs, but instead I got 3Bs and 2Ds.
It didn't help that they have also made the exams harder and grade boundaries higher right when I did my AS's, and a lot of teachers were also confused...
So far i have done 0, don't even do my homework if i can get away with it.
I got ACCC on my mocks.
Now i'm going to start revising from today about 2 hours on the weekdays and 8 across the weekend.
Spending Feb doing unit one (should take 2 weeks not a month but il just do lots of past papers) and then march/april doing unit 2. Exams in May.

Quick Reply

Latest