The Student Room Group

First Date

I know we get these sorts of posts all the time, but oh well im gonna start another one!!!

OK, i'm 17 and havent actually been on a date before. I've kissed guys and have lots of guy mates but have never been on an 'official' date before. Anyway, my best mate has just started seeing this guy and she wants me to go on a 'double date' with her and her boyfriend and her boyfriends brother. His brothers 20 and i havent actually met him before but apparently he's really nice. Anyway, we are going for a meal next month and i just wanted to know if any one had any tips for making a good first impression with a guy. Before you all say 'just be yourself ' I'm not askin for ways to change myself but just wondered if any one had any suggestions of what they like on a first date??
Cheers guys xxxxxxxxx
Reply 1
Well, be careful with the things you say, don't go too much into detail with your life, be a bit more misterious( guys like that) .. Also you need to have good manners at the table and you can also be a bit flirty.. when eating... look at his eyes, give little cheeky smiles etc. And finally good luck!
Reply 2
misterious? You mean smoky n s**t? Nah guys don't like that at all. Just be honest and talk!

talk, talk, talk.
Reply 3
yep. you really have two routes you can go down if you want to be successful - shy and cute: where you smile, and giggle a lot (you need to be good-looking for this route too), or talkative: where you're just really entertaining, and seem interested in him. second option's probably a better idea.
Reply 4
pay. its a dead cert :biggrin: :p:
eye contact is a must but no so much thats its creepy. if youre interested, act it! if not, well dont stab him with a fork, be friendly but dont give wrong impressions.
Well i wouldn't rush into a date with your friend's brother, get to know him first.
Reply 6
Hmm, well it'll be more difficult in that set up I should imagine. I.e. you won't have privacy and you'll probably be talking more in a group than one on one.

But just relax and be friendly.

Latest

Trending

Trending