The Student Room Group

Reading festival 2015

Me and a group of friends are planning to go to Reading festival 2015, we're all 16 apart from one who is 15, if she's with a bunch of 16 year olds will she most likely get in without being asked for proof of age?
Also do they really care about under age drinking?
Reply 1
Original post by leylaaylinkaya
Me and a group of friends are planning to go to Reading festival 2015, we're all 16 apart from one who is 15, if she's with a bunch of 16 year olds will she most likely get in without being asked for proof of age?
Also do they really care about under age drinking?

You really can't be certain, to be honest. Up to her if she takes that risk.

I went to Download a few years back and I was never asked for proof of age, although I should have been. I doubt it's too likely... But they definitely could

In terms of drinking, I'm not too sure. But given that it's illegal I doubt they would just let it pass if they saw, to be honest
Reply 2
i went to reading this year. we were a group of 17 to 20 and no one got asked for ID and no one i know who went (who were younger) were asked for ID. also they dont care if you bring alcohol in, just maybe dont make it obvious
in the camping area they dont really care but you probably wont be able to buy any, anywhere so best bet is to get someone 18 year olds near you to buy you somedrink most people are happy to help out.
If you look young you may get stopped hen trying to buy drink in the arena or the nearest tesco. Me and my mates were Asked for ID and we were all 18/19 at the time. But if you can get someone to buy you alcohol or bring some with you you'll be fine. They won't ask in the campsites.
if anyone is interested in discounted tickets pm me :-)
completely legitimate service - is in partnership with festival itself!

Quick Reply

Latest