The Student Room Group

What's your idea of a Mickey Mouse degree?

Mine is Disney Studies.

I roll bread at 2am and everyone's calling out Psychology, smh

2nd edit jee bus guys it was a crap joke you don't have to go all House of Commons me nomsaiyan

3rd edit 2000 views this thread is no longer in my control kthxbai :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It disnae count
Loose attempt at being funny. :tongue:
In my eyes, all jobs are respectable in that if no one did the crappiest and toughest tasks, our society would crumble within minutes!
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't believe in lesser degrees.

Not everyone can be a Mozart or da Vinci of society.

We shouldn't look down on people who study non-academic things.
Reply 4
A degree where you study about Mickey Mouse and ting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Astronomy. Because Pluto's gone now.
Original post by Clip

give this man a cookie
having studied it myself: psychology.
Original post by democracyforum
I don't believe in lesser degrees.

Not everyone can be a Mozart or da Vinci of society.

We shouldn't look down on people who study non-academic things.

Utter bull****.

There are huge numbers of degree courses which do nothing to improve a persons career prospects, that do nothing more than give somebody an excuse to spend 3 years drinking and delaying joining the real world. Those are ****ing mickey mouse courses.

Unless your degree has an obvious and substantial effect on your career then it is not worth the paper it's written on.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Mine is Disney Studies.

Art :biggrin:
Original post by sherlockfan

Why do you think this? I'm curious. I totally agree with you. I studied it for a while before I left because I felt like I was wasting my time learning about everything but the mind itself. The subject isn't worthy of the name Psychology. :rant:
Original post by sherlockfan

…bit of a dick question but has any of what you've learned from it been useful to you? (you know what I mean)
Reply 12
Original post by Vixen47
Why do you think this? I'm curious. I totally agree with you. I studied it for a while before I left because I felt like I was wasting my time learning about everything but the mind itself. The subject isn't worthy of the name Psychology. :rant:

Studying psychology isn't about studying the mind itself?! I applied to psychology because I want to study the mind and behaviour and stuff..
Original post by Vixen47

Yeah it felt like i was studying anything but. there's all this "research" you have to read in your third year which is done by undergraduate students on undergraduate students, not representative of the real world and it doesn't really tell you anything at all. I swear once i read a study to the effect that if you made someone hold a glass of lemonade while playing a violent video game, they would show less aggression. i mean what's the point??! what does any of it prove in the larger scheme of things?
compared with the rest of medicine, in the field of mental health we are still very behind.
needless to say i dropped out.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
…bit of a dick question but has any of what you've learned from it been useful to you? (you know what I mean)

not in the least.
liberal arts and women's/gender studies
Original post by ryanlaw7
Studying psychology isn't about studying the mind itself?! I applied to psychology because I want to study the mind and behaviour and stuff..

it really isn't. youll spend the better part of your degree learning about statistics and research methods, and the benefits of using a questionnaire vs interviewing participants. you also need to participate in quack studies done by other students to gain credit.
huge waste of time. if you seriously plan on doing it i suggest you take a thorough look at the modules they're going to make you do.
Physics cause everyone knows that the Big Bang is BULL and that God did it...
Original post by Clip

Hahahha Brilliant:biggrin::tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest