The Student Room Group

Finance The Future 2015 Intake

Hi everybody,

I haven't seen an official thread for the Finance the Future graduate scheme 2015 intake so, I thought I'd begin one!

Has anyone applied this year and if so, how have you found the process so far?

Hope to hear from somebody .. anybody ..:wink:

Scroll to see replies

Hi Emma!

Nice to hear from somebody .. Seems as if there is absolutely nobody applying this year :/ .. Seen no threads on the forum at all.

Anyway yes, I'm still waiting to take my telephone int.. Coming up in a few days, have you taken yours yet?

Also, I'm in London and obviously applying for London boroughs but can't seem to find the starting salary anywhere.. Do you have any idea of what it is?
Hi everyone, has anyone got the confirmation for the Assessment Centre yet? I had an interview last week and I got an email saying that I was successful, but that they were now considering me for a place at the next stage?!? Is anyone else in the same situation, do you know what it actually means?

Cheers :smile:
I'm at the same stage as you letacool - got that email, and got initially excited that it meant I was through to assessment centre. However I don't think it does meant that after all xD
He, I just got the confirmation for AC today, exactly a week from my interview! I am booked in on the 17th at 12, anyone else doing it at that time? Also does anyone now what written and group exercise will entail?
Hey,
Congrats letacool :-)
Which region have your applied for?
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks Prettygurl1991, I applied for London, haven't decided on the boroughs just yet. What about yourself?
Reply 7
Anyone got an AC booked for the 19th?
Also Letacool have you recieved your presentation topic for your AC? wondering how far in advance they let you know as mine is on the 19th.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Greens24
Also Letacool have you recieved your presentation topic for your AC? wondering how far in advance they let you know as mine is on the 19th.

Hey, Greens24, I got everything last Thursday, so like 2 weeks in advance. My presentation topic is a pretty standard one, I think everyone gets the same, as I came across that same one on forums from last year. It's "what key strategic challenges face local government finance?"
Yep same here letacool...
Good luck to everybody for next week:-)
Yeah got the AC next week as well! They're pretty stingy on the information! Not sure what the interview or group exercise entails. But they gave enough info on the presentation. How are you guys preparing for competencies? They're pretty vague.
Good luck to everyone! I've applied to Cambridge, and just found out that I've got to assessment centre (3rd March), really happy :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Greens24

Hey, I have applied to London. I have an AC booked for the 19th too! Did you book a morning or afternoon session?

I've been so busy with other interviews and ACs that I only just read up about preparing the presentation! Eek!
Original post by C0C0.
Hey, I have applied to London. I have an AC booked for the 19th too! Did you book a morning or afternoon session?

I've been so busy with other interviews and ACs that I only just read up about preparing the presentation! Eek!

Afternoon. 12.00-16.45 I believe. How about yourself? Have you thought about your boroughs yet?
Yeah it's been difficult fitting in AC preparation around doing dissertation, attending interviews and lectures as well!

I must admit oddly though, i'm looking forward to it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
I'm in the exact same AC so I shall see you there! I've had a look at the boroughs and I have an inclination but I've not done enough thorough research yet to decide which ones I prefer.

My current job is very demanding as its with a bank. Planning this presentation is taking up my entire free time in the evenings! (as I only started yesterday!!)

What's your name, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Has anyone had their AC yet ?
Reply 16
Original post by letacool23
He, I just got the confirmation for AC today, exactly a week from my interview! I am booked in on the 17th at 12, anyone else doing it at that time? Also does anyone now what written and group exercise will entail?

Hey, how did your AC go? How many people were assessed? Any tips? :smile:
Hi everyone
London AC's are over now - phew!
Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back?
Reply 18
Original post by Prettygurl1991
Hi everyone
London AC's are over now - phew!
Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back?

They said within a week. Did you enjoy the assessment centre?
Ok cool..

yes funnily enough I did enjoy it :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending