The Student Room Group

My ex left me for someone else a year and a half ago, is still angry at me?!

Bit of a strange one and I'll try to keep it as short as possible. A year and a half ago, my ex left me for someone else. I was obviously hurt but after 6 months, I'd cut off all contact and got on with life. She was with this person for a year, during which time, she discovered I was going to be working at a music festival she was going to (nothing to do with her being there, I got offered the job) and she kicked off BIG STYLE to a mutual friend saying that if it was her, she wouldn't have done it etc.

Fast forward a year and we'd managed to have a couple of civil texts, basically with me telling her I forgave her for what happened. She is now with someone else (this is all semantics) and found out the same mutual friend is coming travelling with me - and she got angry because I hadn't wanted to do it whilst I was with her (which is fair enough) I also recently decided to join a club at Uni for a sport, which I later found out my ex and her new bf are a part of so I offered that if she lets me know which days she is going, I'll just not go on those days out of respect for her and the new bf yet she kicked off AGAIN.

Why is she so angry?! I feel she see's it as me doing stuff because she's doing it but that's genuinely not the issue (and I have already told her this) so I don't understand. I don't want to be friends with her but I have a mutual friend who gets caught in the crossfire and I feel like I'm not able to do anything without her getting angry (and it's not TO me but to other people) I guess I'm just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the situation or advise me how to proceed?

Reply 1
Loosen ties with the mutual friend and just trash the ex, its a year over. Leave it and enjoy life. Don't dig **** up.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by EnolaGay
Loosen ties with the mutual friend and just trash the ex, its a year over. Leave it and enjoy life. Don't dig **** up.

Why loosen the ties with the mutual friend? It's not their fault.

But yeh ignore the bitch.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Yeah I was going to say that loosening ties with the mutual friend isn't an option.

I'm already back to No Contact so that's not an issue, it's just the fact she is so angry about things and is taking it out on my mutual friend that is annoying me.
Original post by Anonymous
Bit of a strange one and I'll try to keep it as short as possible. A year and a half ago, my ex left me for someone else. I was obviously hurt but after 6 months, I'd cut off all contact and got on with life. She was with this person for a year, during which time, she discovered I was going to be working at a music festival she was going to (nothing to do with her being there, I got offered the job) and she kicked off BIG STYLE to a mutual friend saying that if it was her, she wouldn't have done it etc.

Fast forward a year and we'd managed to have a couple of civil texts, basically with me telling her I forgave her for what happened. She is now with someone else (this is all semantics) and found out the same mutual friend is coming travelling with me - and she got angry because I hadn't wanted to do it whilst I was with her (which is fair enough) I also recently decided to join a club at Uni for a sport, which I later found out my ex and her new bf are a part of so I offered that if she lets me know which days she is going, I'll just not go on those days out of respect for her and the new bf yet she kicked off AGAIN.

Why is she so angry?! I feel she see's it as me doing stuff because she's doing it but that's genuinely not the issue (and I have already told her this) so I don't understand. I don't want to be friends with her but I have a mutual friend who gets caught in the crossfire and I feel like I'm not able to do anything without her getting angry (and it's not TO me but to other people) I guess I'm just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the situation or advise me how to proceed?

I would just completely ignore her and do what you want, it sounds like she has a lot of personal issues. She sounds like my ex.
Reply 5
She's pissed because you're calm and collected about it. Stay calm and collected still and ignore her angry pussy.
Reply 6
I guess I already KNEW what I need to do but like anything, sometimes you waiver because you want answers. I guess I thought I was doing the right thing by trying to be accommodating but apparently that just made her more angry. You are all correct though, I shouldn't waste any more time on thoughts of her (even if it's not in any capacity where I want to be with her etc) It's clearly down to issues that I might never know or understand and as she isn't part of my life anymore, that's the way it should be.

Original post by Rock Fan
I would just completely ignore her and do what you want, it sounds like she has a lot of personal issues. She sounds like my ex.

You poor soul :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by kka25
She's pissed because you're calm and collected about it. Stay calm and collected still and ignore her angry pussy.

I once knew someone like that 😂 The more she knew she couldn't get a reaction, the more it annoyed her. Girls be crazy...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending