The Student Room Group

Is kissing good or exciting or just something we do?

I've recently started seeing a new guy and like all other boys I've kissed i just don't feel like the moment is special or nice. Kissing seems like a chore that just has to be done. Is it just me that thinks kissing is in a sense boring? I do honestly like this guy and I have done with all others but I quiet simply just don't get the whole concept?!!!

Scroll to see replies

It's not boring, it's very passionate and sexy. What's not to like

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Illegal Algebra
It's not boring, it's very passionate and sexy. What's not to like

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, it's passionate and can be a real turn on if made fun.
Most likely, you haven't met the right guy... You're supposed to feel something.
are you actually attracted to the guys you've kissed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
It can be if they are good at kissing. I love kissing and cuddling.
Youre not very good, they're not very good or you're with the wrong person.
I don't like it, I have a phobia of tongues. They make me vom.
Then you haven't ever been kissed properly. A good kissing session turns me in to goo...
It's a chore :redface:
Original post by Anonymous
I've recently started seeing a new guy and like all other boys I've kissed i just don't feel like the moment is special or nice. Kissing seems like a chore that just has to be done. Is it just me that thinks kissing is in a sense boring? I do honestly like this guy and I have done with all others but I quiet simply just don't get the whole concept?!!!

that is not normal
Reply 11
It's supposed to release endorphins to help you feel more connected to your partner, which I believe is what makes it feel good. Maybe you don't get as strong a reaction as others do?
It's boring tbh, only fun derived from it is being the one to initiate it thus feeling dominant.

Other than that, the actual thing has no good feeling (other than feeling close to the person with're with)...
...so... Tbh I can kinda agree it's just something you have to do for:
Sex to happen,
or
To let the girl(guy) know you're physically attracted and interested.
Kissing can be amazing if you're with the right person. I remember the first time I kissed a boy that I'd had feelings for for months beforehand - I got goosebumps, my legs were shaking and I felt on top of the world for the whole night. On the other hand I've kissed people just for the sake of it before and it's boring - I didn't feel anything. I think kissing also becomes less good once you make it just a prelude to sex. It kind of ruins it.
Original post by pinkbullets
Kissing can be amazing if you're with the right person. I remember the first time I kissed a boy that I'd had feelings for for months beforehand - I got goosebumps, my legs were shaking and I felt on top of the world for the whole night. On the other hand I've kissed people just for the sake of it before and it's boring - I didn't feel anything. I think kissing also becomes less good once you make it just a prelude to sex. It kind of ruins it.

this ^

the last person I dated, I felt dizzy every time we kissed, and it was nice knowing she wasn't just kissing me because she wanted sex

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
If you love the person, kissing is amazing :smile: if you don't feel anything for them then of course you'll feel nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous

You're not doing it right then :hubba:
Tell the guy?
It depends what you are kissing. :smile:
Original post by typonaut
It depends what you are kissing. :smile:

What or who? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwertyking
Youre not very good, they're not very good or you're with the wrong person.

I've kissed about twenty different people in ten or so relationships of varying duration confident, gregarious, emotionally honest women, of average-to-extraordinary physical beauty, whose own experience frequently surpassed mine and am reportedly very good; as, for the most part, were they. Even so, kissing is something I've primarily come to savour in an indirect way for the art of it; for the intimacy; for the other person's delectation but which really only turns me on through the reaction it elicits, rather than any direct stimulus; moreover, I'd actually go so far as to say that I prefer eskimo kissing ('nuzzling') to the conventional sort, and note that my first girlfriend (who possessed a fairly healthy sex-drive herself) was also very much that way inclined.

Notwithstanding the above; if the person you're seeing is someone you resonate with emotionally as well as sexually, then to regard kissing them as a 'chore' doesn't seem particularly conducive, and rather suggests that you're entering these relationships purely for the sake of it.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest