The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Big Y
I went to Homerton today for a Table Tennis match. Had to use a car. Enough said.

I hope you lost. :wink:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 21
HippieBean14
Hey i have applied to Homerton though they are being really slow with telling me stuff, even the thick girl in my school has got her cam interview date - dont even get me started lol

Hippiebean what have you applied for?
English and drama with education studies
Reply 23
I heard somewhere that there are en suite bath rooms. I like to groom myself.

English and Drama with Education. wahay
Reply 24
has anyone been to the faculty of education, is it nice?
Reply 25
I've not had anything through yet either. I did send them a 5,000 word classics essay so maybe it's taking them a really long time to get through it.

Wish they'd hurry up because I need to book my flights back to the UK soon - and I've got an interview with UCL in December. Bah, and i'm supposed to be going to Belgrade on the 28th of November for my birthday. I bet that's when I get my interview.
Reply 26
I did an open application and got Homerton'd. Better than getting Girton'd I suppose. Anyway, I'm applying to do Land Economy, should hear in the next few days or so whether I've secured an interview or not.
Reply 27
Lyncho
I did an open application and got Homerton'd. Better than getting Girton'd I suppose.

No. It's not.
Reply 28
At least if few people apply there then there's a better chance of getting in. :smile:

Does anyone have like an aerial map of Cambridge where they can point out exactly where Homerton is? I don't like all this talk of cycling. :eek:
Reply 29
Lyncho
At least if few people apply there then there's a better chance of getting in. :smile:

Does anyone have like an aerial map of Cambridge where they can point out exactly where Homerton is? I don't like all this talk of cycling. :eek:

Note the lack of scale!
Reply 30
At least the road to the town centre is nice and straight...

Seriously though, that's not that far. The train station isn't far at all from the rest of Cambridge, really.

Although when I went for the Law conference I DID get a taxi from the train station to Pembroke College...
Reply 31
got interview and TSA. for 8 december

Anyone has any other good reasons for choosing homerton?
Reply 32
hordes of girls, lonely and as was mentioned - hot ( and many types of them ), tranquillity, not stuffy , Mrs Natasha seems really nice lol, uhmmm...did I mention all this stuff about girls ? :biggrin:

Got an interview and TSA at 4.12, Economics.

Any information about Dr M Teschl and Dr M Hayes ? ( especially from current Homertonians )
Reply 33
One is Jekyll and the other is Hyde. The thing is, no one knows which is which.
My guess is that Hayes is Hyde, but then Jekyll is Hyde, which makes Hyde Teschi because Teschi is Jekyll, or is it Teschi is Hayes :confused:

Why find out more about them anyway? Less of the scavenging, more tv.
Reply 34

Has anyone heard anything for Education Studies. Getting a bit paranoid now...
Reply 35
I applied to Homerton to BioNatSci this year, after missing my AAAA offer from Christ's. I had many colleges to choose from, but I decided to apply to Homerton, because:
- it's accomodation is pretty nice
- it seems very friendly. I sent emails to nearly every single college, asking them whether I will be disadvantaged because I am retaking some modules during my gap year. Homerton was the first college to reply, about 10 minutes after I sent the email, and Head of Admissions answered my questions, not some kind of assistant (Clare was very friendly too, firnedly college :smile:). Also, Mrs Natasha answers my questions quickly, they don't make problems if I miss the deadline for submitting my written work, etc.
- Lots of girls :biggrin:
- Relatively easy to get in. I know that it's stupid to play numbers when selecting the college, but I that's what I think, and it's pretty logical. When a college has to use the pool to select half of the succesful applicants, and is on the bottom of the Tompkins table, then it definitely accepts student with a bit smaller academic potential than the others, and I cannot lose the chance of getting in to Cambridge for the second time.

The bad things are:
- The location. I don't really mind the distance, but I guess there aren't many things around the college, and the surrounding area doesn't look as nice as city centre.
- No general interview! That's the worst thing I noticed and I hope there will be some general interview elements during one of the subject interviews.

My interview is on 4th of December. Good luck to all of you.
IronicDory
Has anyone heard anything for Education Studies. Getting a bit paranoid now...

A girl in my school was worried about not hearing from them, so she emailed them to ask... they sent her an interview by reply of email!
Reply 37
im a homerton applicant..!! is it really out in the middle of nowhere??? and i have received NO interview yet!! plus im an international applicant so i shud have received it by now if i was gonna get rite??
Reply 38
I din't get the interview invitation by post either. They sent me an email though, about a week ago. I guess you should email them.
Reply 39
yeh i ws thinking of doing that but my guidance counsellor said that wud sound kinda desperate n it mite change their minds about it or sumthin....but if i were to do it....how am i sposed to phrase the email without sounding weird....

Latest