The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I've sent an e-mail just a second ago. I really need to know if they're going to interview me and when. Easy jet prices are going up, and i'm buggering off to Venice for a few days on Monday so it better not be then.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 41
so there are pple hu havent got interviews yet...phew....but im kinda worried bout sounding dumb in the mail...anybody got tips for how to write the email...??
Reply 42
Just got my e-mail back and they've told me I've got an interview on the 7th of December. Don't worry about sounding stupid - they're very nice at this college.
Reply 43
newbie17
hey i got the same. interview for economics on the same day and tsa.lol.
yer whats the first name of Dr M Hayes?

I guess his name's Mark, but I'm not sure.

Nice to hear that you have interview the same day, good luck, see you at TSA :wink:
Reply 44
The best thing to do would be for you to e-mail them and no, they would not reject you because you emailed them. It is getting pretty late and it is not unreasonable to be asking them when your interview is; if indeed you get one.
Reply 45
I've applied for entry in 2007 to read Geography; got the interview date a couple of days back which meant they only gave two weeks notice. Although I guess that's enough, it just seemed slower to me because some other colleges replied so quickly to my friend's applications. Anyway, it seems like a really nice college so hopefully...
Reply 46
XmaX
- No general interview! That's the worst thing I noticed and I hope there will be some general interview elements during one of the subject interviews.

No general interview? I have an interview for the sixth of December (good luck for your's also btw) and I have a general interview in addition to a subject interview. Maybe its just certain subjects they do two for- i'm applying for Geography.
Reply 47
laura_89
No general interview? I have an interview for the sixth of December (good luck for your's also btw) and I have a general interview in addition to a subject interview. Maybe its just certain subjects they do two for- i'm applying for Geography.

Nope. I just got two interviews, it says "Subject" on both, one is with DoS in biology, and second with two people, plus the TSA. I expected to have a general interview, but I guess I wrote quite a lot general stuff in PS, CAF and SAQ :smile:
Reply 48
Dr Pip
Just got my e-mail back and they've told me I've got an interview on the 7th of December. Don't worry about sounding stupid - they're very nice at this college.

Me too!!!:smile:

what time?
Reply 49
well.....i didnt have to send them an email....i just got an email last nite for interview on the 11th of december....anybody else same date??
Reply 50
what time?

11:30 General
12:30 Subject

(SPS)

I've had to book my flights to London and it costs a bomb - EasyJet lifted the prices 5 minutes before I booked. Then GNER tried to rip me off. So I'm getting a National Express up from central London. There better not be road works or i'm ****ed
Reply 51
Dr Pip
11:30 General
12:30 Subject

(SPS)

I've had to book my flights to London and it costs a bomb - EasyJet lifted the prices 5 minutes before I booked. Then GNER tried to rip me off. So I'm getting a National Express up from central London. There better not be road works or i'm ****ed

mine is ealier on at 9. anyway, are you asking for accomodation?

I booked a flight to london and then take the train to homerton at paddington
Reply 52
Mousie_101
well.....i didnt have to send them an email....i just got an email last nite for interview on the 11th of december....anybody else same date??

I had to email them... they only told me the date and said that I would receive futher deatils in my letter which has they hope I will receive very shortly!... Mine's on the 11th too!:biggrin: ...I am getting a bit worried now because I want to sort out travel and know my interview details.:confused:
Reply 53
mine is ealier on at 9. anyway, are you asking for accomodation?

Nope, I'm staying with a friend in London so I'm going up for the interview and then heading back after. I've got an interview with UCL on the 13th so there's no point me going back to my house in the North to have to come back down to London again.
Reply 54
Hi, I'm a lil' bit stressed.

I sent an email asking when my interview was, and they told me the 11th:smile: , and that my letter should arrive soon- but i still haven't got it!:frown:

Is there anyone else who hasn't got their reply letter yet?:confused:

Thanx :biggrin:
Reply 55
Same here. Mine is on the 11th too. Applying for Drama by any chance? They said that they would send my letter off tonight and I should get it either tomorrow or wednesday. So it's prob the same for you

xx
Hey -

Just out of interest, for those of you applying for Education (especially with English and Drama), what are your GCSE, AS and predicted A2 grades?

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 57
Well they are not brilliant, but they are ok...

1A* 9As at GCSE. 3As and 1B at AS, and I'm predicted 3 As at A2
Ooh some Homerton applicants! I've got my interview on the 7th for NatSci! I did notice some other people on TSR are on that day too - might see you then. Good luck everyone!
Reply 59
uff. interviews over, and chanses over too!

found it too difficult!

Latest

Trending

Trending