The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Men and Women can never simple be friends

*SIMPLY ^

It is imposible for men and women to be 'just friends' as it has scientifically been proven that there will always be a phyical attraction between them. The guy may be attracted to the woman or vice versa. (This is not my view/opinion)

thoughts?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I 100% agree, even though they may never act on on it, there will always be some sort of physical attraction, concious or not.
No I think the opposite sex can just be friends, I am great friends with a couple of girls at work, we tell each other everything and get a house on fire, but there is no sexual chemistry there its more like a brother sister thing, as we have known each other for years.
No.
well what about people who are gay

and no, i don't agree, don't be daft
Reply 5
I agree, upto a very small extent.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ironandwine
well what about people who are gay

and no, i don't agree, don't be daft

I did not say i agree with this. I'm interesting in hearing other people's thoughts about this.
Reply 7
lol is this still going around, in 2015
Reply 8
strong username to thread correlation

why does TSR have so many FAs? (srs)
True. I want to have sex with all women. Whenever any girl starts talking to me, all I can think about is how she looks like naked and how it would feel like to make love to her and hear the noises she makes, I imagine kissing her neck and touching her all over. So yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by thefreakoffreaks
*SIMPLY ^

It is imposible for men and women to be 'just friends' as it has scientifically been proven that there will always be a phyical attraction between them. The guy may be attracted to the woman or vice versa.

thoughts?

I disagree with your statement but agree with it in a different way.

There is no always attraction between men and women. There is sometimes very slight attraction. In these scenarios there are no barriers to being friends.

If there is significant attraction by one side, it's not necessarily a problem unless the one party feels a dying need to act on it and ESPECIALLY if that is the attracted parties only aim, that will never work.

The biggest barrier pragmatically to men and women being friends that I have found is that it makes a partner jealous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thefreakoffreaks
*SIMPLY ^

It is imposible for men and women to be 'just friends' as it has scientifically been proven that there will always be a phyical attraction between them. The guy may be attracted to the woman or vice versa.

thoughts?

Scientifically proven? You got proof?

It is a load of nonsense, plain and simple.
Reply 12
No one is attracted to every single member of the opposite/same sex, therefore being friends at least some of the time is very much possible.
Original post by DiddyDec
Scientifically proven? You got proof?

It is a load of nonsense, plain and simple.

For the last time i do not agree with this and scientists have ACTUALLY proved this. i'm just curious in what people think.
I'm bisexual, by definition if your hypothesis was true I wouldn't have any friends.
I think it's ridiculous saying "men and women can't be friends" as if it's a fact and it's the same for everyone. One of my best friends is a guy and we see eachother as siblings - I have no feelings for him and I'm pretty sure he feels the same.

You're not attracted to everyone of the opposite sex, so I don't see why you can't just be friends with people
I'm friends with some girls and I'm pretty sure we have no feelings for each other.
Yes they can.
Reply 18
100% disagree from experience

Posted from TSR Mobile
maybe
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending