The Student Room Group

Most Horrific/Disturbing/Gory film you've seen?

It's been a long time since I've watched any horror or gore films, and on the look out for something new.
Does anybody have any suggestions on ones worth checking out; including anything that was just creepy or disturbing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Cannibal Holocaust is pretty disturbing.
Hostel Franchise is just grim.
Martyrs is disturbing and sad.
Reply 4
The 2008 French film, Martyrs was incredible yet so horrifying to watch at the same time. I couldn't stop thinking about it for days afterwards.I'd recommend it only if you are willing to accept the film on its own uncompromising terms. Everyone else can stay well clear away.
I'd have to say Hostel, but especially Hostel 3, which was just violence without any real plot.

Also, Wolf Creek 2 has now been released, and is equally as violent as the first, although actually it's much better than most horror movie sequels.
Cannibal Holocaust
Wolf Creek
Evil Dead 2013 had a ridiculous amount of gore

I Spit On Your Grave/Last House on the Left etc are all disturbing, gory and low budget so no compromises.
Reply 7
Original post by askew116
I'd have to say Hostel, but especially Hostel 3, which was just violence without any real plot.

Also, Wolf Creek 2 has now been released, and is equally as violent as the first, although actually it's much better than most horror movie sequels.

I only watched the first Hostel..but I'll give the others a try too. It reminded me somewhat of the film 'Grotesque', as in there's not really any plot. As far as I know it's still banned over here, which is a shame as it's rather good
Reply 8
Hostel. I was expecting these movies to be crap and not have much gore or scare to them but I was very pleasantly surprised by both how gory they were plus how well made and entertaining they were.
Human Centipede :puke:
Wolf Creek definitely. Only horror film I've ever seen where I haven't at some point thought to myself "okay, I would never have done that - these people are idiots"... it's so disturbing because it's so plausible...
Salo: Or 120 days of Sodom , A Serbian Film
Original post by Mahbuba1997
Human Centipede :puke:

^this is just urgh

but there was one film where this man would kill people and cut peoples eyelids off and use a knife to carve words/statements all over their bodies. But I can't remember the name of it though...:s-smilie:
Original post by Naima_786
^this is just urgh

but there was one film where this man would kill people and cut peoples eyelids off and use a knife to carve words/statements all over their bodies. But I can't remember the name of it though...:s-smilie:

IKR!!

I have no clue why but I've watched my fair share of nasty things, I watched another film where these teens get lost at sea and get chopped up and mutilated by people who 'save' them :backstab:

I would never be able to do **** like that, imagine cutting someone up :yucky:
The equalizer (gory) 1. Man electricuted 2. Man killed by drill in back of neck. 3. Man killed by hedge trimmer

Posted from TSR Mobile
A Serbian Film, hands down. Most horrific film.
Original post by Mahbuba1997
IKR!!

I have no clue why but I've watched my fair share of nasty things, I watched another film where these teens get lost at sea and get chopped up and mutilated by people who 'save' them :backstab:

I would never be able to do **** like that, imagine cutting someone up :yucky:

Thinking about the human centipede makes me sick:s-smilie:

yh this might sound wierd but i find it fascinating how people come up with these kind of ideas/plots while also questioning their mental health Lool

Yh I can watch but never do it :s-smilie:
Hostel by far. Normally I can handle gore but that film gave me so many nightmares and I threw up at some of the scenes
(edited 9 years ago)
A Serbian film by far, I was physically sick twice whilst watching it and I love horror/gore films but that went too far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by georgia.17
A Serbian film by far, I was physically sick twice whilst watching it and I love horror/gore films but that went too far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No but what's it called?:mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending