The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing five A2s.

I wouldn't be doing them all if I could make up my mind my Textiles teachers hadn't offered to let me use some of my AS work for some of th A2 modules as it was good enough for this year. Which means I'm only really doing the exam and adding bits here and there.

Two of them are self-taught, which does make it a bit harder (though I still get lots of frees!.....to do work in :p: ). I did AS Maths out of school so I'm just continuing that, but I could only do Bio out of school, which has been...interesting. I got a good enough grade at AS to slack a bit this year, though, so it should be okay.

I'm not finding the workload too impossible on it's own, but combined with my other hobbies/sport, uni apps etc, it's getting quite stressy. Last year was totally fine.
5 A2's? :eek2:
-1066-

Hehe, yep. Pretty much everybody I know thinks I'm crazy (including myself sometimes :p:).
Reply 23
I did 6AS's, but now I'm doing 5 A-levels (one of them is General Studies though, so don't know if that counts)
Synergetic
I did 6AS's, but now I'm doing 5 A-levels (one of them is General Studies though, so don't know if that counts)

I didn't think you could do 6, you must have had a full time table with hardly any - if any - frees?
well readong this is makin me feel like a proper ******!!!
im only doing 3 A2's
bu then again, you only need 3 for uni
Reply 26
-1066-
I didn't think you could do 6, you must have had a full time table with hardly any - if any - frees?

yeah lol it was quite bad, but I find frees generally a waste of time - unless they're in the morning, in which case they're great for lie-ins :biggrin:
i did 5AS levels

howeva...droppd2..one which i studied meself and the second cos ..jus cos
Reply 28
well im doing 5 AS's but I dont really find it hard or stressful despite the few frees I have and history is a bit annoying. I'll probably have 5 A-levels anyway cos im doing A2 maths this year.
If I had any more frees than my current 2.5 per week, I'd be seriously bored (it'd mean me having 6.5) :p:
Reply 30
gianthead
l don't think overlapping work really makes anything any easier! you still have to do as much work. Completely different subjects are good cos the variety makes it more interesting and shows you've got a range of different skills. Just mildly disagreeing :smile:

But if the content overlaps, you don't have to learn it twice, it's easier because you don't have to learn a completely new concept because you've already done it.

I did 6 ASes, it was a lot of work but it kept me busy, only continued 3 of them to A2 though.
-1066-

Dear god that sounds like hard work.

I'm taking five in my first year, mainly because my frees will involve me finding somewhere grassy and warm to have a relaxation session and I will undoubtedly fall asleep and end up still there at 10pm, so the less that happens the better.

Only interesting places within easy walking distance of my college anyway are Cackdonalds and B&Q.
Reply 32
Technically I'm doing 5, but General Studies doesn't really count. And I don't have lessons for it anyway, I just do the exams.
Synergetic
yeah lol it was quite bad, but I find frees generally a waste of time - unless they're in the morning, in which case they're great for lie-ins :biggrin:

Mine are in the afternoon.

Good having the afternoon off though!

I started with 12 free lessons, but then took another 2 lessons on so now I have 4 frees each week.
Reply 34
-1066-
Mine are in the afternoon.

Good having the afternoon off though!

I started with 12 free lessons, but then took another 2 lessons on so now I have 4 frees each week.

Lie in > afternoon off, any day of the week for me :biggrin: There's nothing better than waking up at around 10:00, slowly eating your breakfast whilst watching the Jeremy Kyle show - all the time knowing your friends are in school in some French lesson. :yy: I'm telling you - you just can't beat it.
Synergetic
Lie in > afternoon off, any day of the week for me :biggrin: There's nothing better than waking up at around 10:00, slowly eating your breakfast whilst watching the Jeremy Kyle show - all the time knowing your friends are in school in some French lesson. :yy: I'm telling you - you just can't beat it.

Better coming home at 11am and knowing everyone is in school until 2.45 some evil until 4pm. :biggrin:
Reply 36
Its not the subjects I'm finding hard - I basiclly self teach bio as well - but its fitting that around all my other stuff.....running this and that - and going to the pub etc = serious lack of sleep
5 ASs (hoping to do 6!!!) plus 7.5 GCSEs (plus Grade 5 Piano).

So far, 1 sleepless night (it actually wasn't that bad, although for 1hr I actually went and watched BBC Learning Zone's OU programmes), a lot of running about - every other 1hr period is a half lesson. And I still miss a lot of material (especially the heavy workload of Psychology).
Reply 38
I am doing 5 too, but my timetable is really empty. I have 14 lessons per week, no school on wednesdays, 2 on tuesday and thursday. not really stressful (but pretty boring). so how many lessons do you guys have per week?
Monday: six 50 minute lessons.
Tuesday: six 50 minute lessons.
Wednesday: two 50 minute lessons then home.
Thursday: six 50 minute lessons.
Friday: four 50 minute lessons, then two lessons of General Studies for 'x' amount of time.

Latest

Trending

Trending