The Student Room Group

Junk food dependency

I'm not sure if I posted on the right forum but here it goes anyway. Everyday when I go to school I just buy chocolate and crips as if I'm dependent on it. I'm just sick of it as I feel so guilty and tired afterwards for eating it and as you can imagine from reading this I am quite out of shape. I have money for healthy foods but they just don't taste nice and they don't give me the same satisfaction as chocolate and crisps. I've tried diets such as the Atkins diet and did join the gym for a while. But this only worked for like a maximum of 3 months and I ended up gaining back the weight again. I'm only 17 so if I carry on binge eating like this I don't know how I'll cope in the future in terms of my weight and health and developing problems. I want to combat the situation with a plan that will actually work for the long term but just can't think of anything. I know that people say just eat healthy and exercise and eat in moderation etc but I can't stick to it and end up back at the shops again buying junk. I just don't know how to resist the temptation and develop self control. Has anyone had or is going through a similar problem and can help me out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you're going to diet, the Atkins is soooooooo not the way to do it. Try Slimming World - I have a few family members who have used it regularly, it's healthy and they eat a ridiculous amount of food, but lose weight.

It's a combination of regular exercise and a balanced diet. You needn't completely cut out the junk but it must be in moderation and less often. It is as simple as eating healthily - there are loads of options, and sometimes you have to eat it for a bit to enjoy it (as I did with salad). You have to get that self control, or no kind of diet or cutting out of crappy food is going to work.
Reply 2
Do you have to be 18 to join slimming world and is it similar to weight watchers because I heard that with slimming world you sit down and discuss your eating habits with others which isn't something I fancy doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest