The Student Room Group

What's the most useful revision guides for A-Levels?

I'll be taking my AS exams in May and i want to buy revision guides for all my subjects to help me with understanding some points better.

Of course i will be using the textbooks I've been given at school for details but i just want to get more condensed and simplified notes and i will be doing a lot of past papers and looking at marks schemes and examiners reports.

I'm taking A-Levels with Edexcel Early Modern History about the War of the Roses, Henry VII and Henry VIII.
Edexcel Geography, Edexcel Politics and AQA Business Studies.

I've looked up many different Revision Guides such as Hodder Education books which I'm leaning more towards right now, CGP guides but i don't think i like the layout of them and i don't like the lame jokes they have as i did have these guides for GCSE sciences and maths, Phillip Allan's books which i hear are good and Oxford guides but there's so many choices and i don't know which ones will have the most relevant information.

I would really appreciate it if someone who have bought any of these books to tell me how useful they found them.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest