The Student Room Group

English IGCSE CIE 0522

Hi can anyone tell me how the igcse Cambridge english grade is worked out... i know there is 20% speaking and listening, 40% courseword , 40%exam but what do i need to get to get an A overall

If i got a C in the speaking in listening which is like 10 percent out of 20 what do i need to do to get an A or a B
(edited 9 years ago)
seriously the grade boundaries and the way they calculate your grade are so confusing and complicated i wouldnt worry about that at all just try get the highest in everything, thinking about what you 'need' is pointless because grade boundaries change and everything has different weightings and they probably use some weird algorithim
Reply 2
Original post by Naveen1412
seriously the grade boundaries and the way they calculate your grade are so confusing and complicated i wouldnt worry about that at all just try get the highest in everything, thinking about what you 'need' is pointless because grade boundaries change and everything has different weightings and they probably use some weird algorithim

Hi Thanks for the help .. I just felt abit confused I got a B in the speaking and listening and a high B IN course work I was just thinking if I got a C in the exam will I got a B over all and could you please tell me what the past grade boundaries have been for the exams , speaking and listening, coursework
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest