The Student Room Group

In your opinion, how nice are the majority of TSR users you've come across?

TSR, like any forum, has its fair share of trolls and very intelligent people (of course, intelligence doesn't necessarily equate to niceness) and stupid people and nice people. What about the average user? I know it depends on the threads you visit the most (e.g. there are quite a few bigots on the religion section), but still, it'd be nice to know what you think!

0= shouldn't be living in this planet at all.
10= the average TSR user could easily be a very good friend if you meet in real life.
(edited 9 years ago)
The smartest people on here are either pretentious *******s or the elite trolls.
I've made some great friends from TSR, but also encountered some douchebags. Such is life, though. So I'd say a 5.
Reply 3
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
The smartest people on here are either pretentious *******s or the elite trolls.

Well even they're not quite as bad as the dumb trolls.
(edited 9 years ago)
Some people seem really nice, others are ***** but most are normal I guess...

It's hard to put a number on it.
There's no average user here. This place is quite a mixed bag and I probably fall into different categories at different times.
I think TSR is a great community where lots of people contribute and try to help people
I think they're pretty nice so far. Ignoring the incessant elitism but I don't see elitism as being the antonym of nice tbh. So I said 7. Maybe I'm too new here :P
Reply 8
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
There's no average user here. This place is quite a mixed bag and I probably fall into different categories at different times.

It's not a formal questionnaire, it's more asking you about your general experience of TSR users.

Although I agree with your second statement.
Obviously I don't know any of you (unless...? :eek::tongue:) but the vast majority of people I've spoken to on here seem like really lovely, genuine people. :h: :redface:
Some are too nice, they haven't seen the real world yet.

Some are total idiots. Enough said.

And then you get the real guys, only a handful
Reply 11
A lot of pretentions people... they can be good to have intelligent conversations with or to see interesting suggestions but at the same time a lot of the users think that beucase they can type with good grammar and they have good grades means that their opinions are automatically the correct opinion no matter what... lol
The one's I've met and got to know are all absolutely lovely :love:
Original post by Gott
Apart from Whimsical sloth, the bear and a few others, I am either indifferent or averse to them

:smile: This makes me happy inside
Same as real life, it's a spectrum from the lovely to the not-so-lovely. :holmes:
I've seen a few idiots in here however, people in here are generally nice so 7/10 for me. I only come on this for some revision notes.
I think people mostly on here a pretty decent but unfortunately you do get the trolls, the pretentious types & the ones who are just pretty unpleasant with how they express themselves & portray their opinions. On PM I've had some great conversation with people though which is nice aha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest