The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Seriously if you haven't started revision for GCSEs by now, well then I feel sorry for you. Wow I'm so shocked at this new generation- do you not even care about your education? How will you ever succeed? God almighty
It's never too early to start. You could be doing 1 hour a day for now, that'd help you bump up those As and Bs to A*s and As.
Yes, you should start revising. When's you first exam?
I'm also a GCSE student and my first exam is the 13th of May or so. But it's only Philosophy so I'm not too fussed.
Focus on revising your weakest subjects for now. I do 2 hours a night of work at the moment. It could be homework or revision; anything to help get the best grades in the summer:colone:

But definitely start revising properly during February half term in order to gain your expected A's and A*s!
Do 1 hour a day now for sciences, you'll remember it all by the exam, perfectly. Big advantage :smile: and also gcse maths start.1 hour oer day too if you want to and spread it out some days sciences some day maths. Do the easy subjects, re etc in the last 2 months as they do not require a lot of revision, but 2 months is still a long time. Furthermore, revise for English literature or language if you've got any left to do and any other subjects. Every gcse counts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
exactly 54 days from then....
Original post by epicflyingcat
So I was just wondering when it was the right time to actually start properly revising because I feel as if my teachers are pushing it too early.

Ignore some of these people, you don't need to start now. It may help you, but it isn't necessary. Remember, some of the things you revise really early might have been forgotten by May. If you feel like you aren't doing enough, go over your notes so you have a good idea of the topics.

But I'd start properly revising in March time, early enough to fit it all in but still ensuring you'll remember it all. But it isn't the end of the world if you leave it a few weeks more. Seriously - most of the people here who you ask, started at like Easter time.

I started during Easter last year and got 9A*s and 2As. Yeah, starting not wont hinder you. But it isn't necessary :smile:
My teachers have started going crazy about revision giving me revision resources, timetables and all sorts of techniques. I'm aiming for As and A*s and easily get As and Bs in papers without any revision. So I was just wondering when it was the right time to actually start properly revising because I feel as if my teachers are pushing it too early.

I think it is quite early too, if I start now I think I'll lose motivation to revise when I actually need to, nearer the exam time. I think I'll start in Feb to work on a weaker subject though :yep: If you have any weaker subjects then I guess you could start on them first. But with you easily getting those grades, I don't think you need to start revision for them now if you don't want to and feel it's too early. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by PurpleLion
Seriously if you haven't started revision for GCSEs by now, well then I feel sorry for you. Wow I'm so shocked at this new generation- do you not even care about your education? How will you ever succeed? God almighty

Ha!

OP: Don't start till Easter, it's when I did it and I did fine. Leave a bit more time if you want, but there's still a good few months till I'd recommend you start revising.
My teachers have started going crazy about revision giving me revision resources, timetables and all sorts of techniques. I'm aiming for As and A*s and easily get As and Bs in papers without any revision. So I was just wondering when it was the right time to actually start properly revising because I feel as if my teachers are pushing it too early.

No time like the present.

Good GCSEs will boost your applications for university especially for competitive courses and universities. Really is never too early to begin revising even if it is just for an hour or two every day.

Make sure those A*s are A*s and maybe with hard study turn them As into A*s too.

Really is nothing to stop you now so get to it!
Reply 10
Start revising now!! Don't leave it till the end..it will pile on and you would have loads to study..just study for 2 hours a day...it will help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Applescruff
Ignore some of these people, you don't need to start now. It may help you, but it isn't necessary. Remember, some of the things you revise really early might have been forgotten by May. If you feel like you aren't doing enough, go over your notes so you have a good idea of the topics.

But I'd start properly revising in March time, early enough to fit it all in but still ensuring you'll remember it all. But it isn't the end of the world if you leave it a few weeks more. Seriously - most of the people here who you ask, started at like Easter time.

I started during Easter last year and got 9A*s and 2As. Yeah, starting not wont hinder you. But it isn't necessary :smile:

What did you get for your mocks? How many hours did u do a day :smile:
Reply 12
I haven't even started revision for my ASs. I personally started in the Easter holidays and it didn't put me at any disadvantage.

It's all about HOW you revise not how long you revise for.
Reply 13
oh wow GCSEs were just lovely. personally i started my revision a month before exams (if that).

revision time is absolutely useless. i put in maybe 3 hours of revision per test. didnt disadvantage me. its all about how efficiently you revise
Half term i'd say, for more 'full-on' revision. (Next week). Make cards/notes now and past exams maybe next month. Then revise your weaker areas. Make sure you know when which exam is and how much you need to do - save a few hours, a few days before the exam for refreshing :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A week before, if you know what you're doing you'll do a lot of revision work in class anyway, it should easily be enough. Revising months before for gcses is almost pointless
you could literally revise a month before and come out with amazing grades, don't worry you've got plenty of time
Reply 17
You don't start now, you're ****ed trust me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gerry_m
You don't start now, you're ****ed trust me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is that? Majority on here are saying revising just a month prior to the exams is sufficient.
Reply 19
If you wanna end up in a **** university be my guest. All I'm saying is give yourself enough time to have covered every topic inside out. The key to success at GCSEs is a solid and very el thought revision planner. Once you have that, the A*s will roll in trust me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest